• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Damage reduction.

Zhure

First Post
Stoneskin?

I know it's in the rules. I know I've read it and now I can't find it...

Does Stoneskin or similar DR allow you to hit other creatures as a monster with DR can?

My recollection is "no" but I can't find the confirming passage. Help please.

Greg

Storm Raven

First Post
shilsen said:
Which is why an archer's best friend is the cleric who remembers to pray for a Greater Magic Weapon spell.

Or, like in the party I am currently playing with, the Wizard who has Greater Magic Weapon in her spellbook, and memorizes it every day.

Wolf72

Explorer
Re: Stoneskin?

Zhure said:
I know it's in the rules. I know I've read it and now I can't find it...

Does Stoneskin or similar DR allow you to hit other creatures as a monster with DR can?

My recollection is "no" but I can't find the confirming passage. Help please.

Greg

where? don't know. But stoneskin does not allow you to hit creatures with less/same DR than you (unless of course you have that magic weapon)

A similiar DR (like two werewolves going at it) does count.

Kylearan

First Post
Re: Re: Stoneskin?

Well met!
Wolf72 said:
where? don't know.

From the SRD:
For purposes of harming other creatures with damage reduction, a creature's natural weapons count as weapons of the type that can ignore its own innate damage reduction. The amount of damage reduction is irrelevant.

I would say that having DR due to a spell like Stoneskin does not count as innate. So your 5th level monk with stoneskin can't wound a werewolf with his fists.

Kylearan

[edit: fixed ubb tags]

Last edited:

Remove ads