• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Damara and Vaasa? Sourcebook?

eXodus

Explorer
heading says it all.

the game i am getting ready to run will be set in the coldlands, in particular vaasa. is there a book that details those areas more then the FRCS?

maransreth

Explorer
You want to look for a sourcebook called FR9 The Bloodstone Lands, as well as the original H series of modules H1-4 The Bloodstone Wars.

The other thing you could try is R. A. Salvatore's new SellSwords novels - Promise of a Witch King, Road of the Patriarch for uptodate information.

But nothing 3e has been done yet for this region.

Also I would recommend http://www.candlekeep.com especially the forums for other information about these lands.

sakkara

First Post
My campaign is currently located here (started in Tantras and moved North over time).

Sadly there is little 3.x material on this region - Unapproachable East and the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting have only the barest of information.

If you delve into older material, readily available as PDFs or used on eBay (or at your FLGS), I felt they provided a great framework to build up my own "Vaasan Plan". Just enough info to be "official", and yet I could make it my own.

As the earlier poster indicated, the 2E FR9 supplement is good, as it gleaning some information from the H1-H4 module series (mainly the finale H4). I also pulled information from some online (non-canon) sources - one was a Neverwinter Nights site (do some Googling on "Bloodstone Lands" "Vaasa d20" "Damara d20", etc.)

I also used the recent R.A. Salvatore novels (#2 & #3 of the Sellswords series) - especially for Palishchuk. I have frost giants (2 factions) that moved into the region in the vacuum of the post-Zhengyi era, and used both Castle D'aerthe and a re-occupied Castle Perilous as the bases of operation.

The WOTC site has some useful articles (arctic portals) and web modules I dropped in as well (not Vaasa/Damara related, but work for an arctic/wintery campaign).

If you email me at patman at patman dot org, I'm more then willing to zip up all my notes for you on the region/what I did/etc., and email them to you.

-Sakkara

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
maransreth said:
You want to look for a sourcebook called FR9 The Bloodstone Lands, as well as the original H series of modules H1-4 The Bloodstone Wars.

The other thing you could try is R. A. Salvatore's new SellSwords novels - Promise of a Witch King, Road of the Patriarch for uptodate information.

But nothing 3e has been done yet for this region.

Also I would recommend http://www.candlekeep.com especially the forums for other information about these lands.
pretty much exactly what i would say. edit: so i'll just say quoted for truth

Remove ads