Dark Corner ...the gathering

T

The Grey Sentinel

[occ: Welcome to the Dark Corner, you are welcome to join in if you so desire. The basic story is that the wizard has summoned a group adventurers and he awaits their arrival at the tavern. They have no knowledge of what he wants but slowly they begin to arrive. PM me for other information you might need, but please join in, we can always use some local color. I would just ask that you make your posts well thought out and more than just a couple of words…be descriptive and have fun! EDIT: We could use a Halfling or two, if you read the story you'll see there are two seated nearby, if anyone feels so moved you can jump right in the game.EDIT 2: If you have to make any OOC comments please write them in silver. Also this will be free form, but please keep it within reason and the abilities of your character...the wizard Astaroth always has the final say.] ;)

Gaw's Laws of Roleplaying

And so it begins...

Somewhere between the large oak beams supporting the ceiling and the squeaky floor boards sat a stranger. Somewhere within the smoke and shadows, off in a dark corner, a mysterious cloaked figure sat. He chews on the stem of his pipe as he waits patiently for his guests to arrive. The wizard Astaroth, between puffs from his pipe, slowly sips Elven wine from a goblet. He keeps a wary eye on those within the establishment, but most importantly he watches the door.

J

JT Klasky

A man donning battle worn leather armor pushes open the tavern door. As he steps in the lamp light flickers and dances about as a fair breeze blows through the entrance. The light particularly glistened off the hilt of his finely crafted long sword. He stopped but a moment as the door closed behind him.

C

coldstone

The gathering

The door pushed in easily as the dust covered traveler entered.
He looked across the smoke choked room and wondered what would posses someone to want to meet here.As he sat at the bar he realised that all eyes were on him.Aparently not many strangers of his sort passthrough this way.

T

Theda the Thief

Theda Bara

From across the room Theda watched from under her hooded cloak. Silent and still she observed all movement within the room, an easy task for a thieving rogue such as herself. She had also been summoned by the old wizard and had arrived earlier in the day, not wanting to be the first to arrive, she has stayed hidden till now. Theda continued to watch as the two most recent visitors caught her attention. Fools… she muttered as she turned her eyes once more toward the wizard.

T

The Grey Sentinel

astaroth the wizard

The wizard didn’t miss much for he knew of the thief’s presence, but if it made her happy he was inclined to let her keep her charade. For now his interest was drawn to the entry as two of his guests have arrived.

C

coldstone

Famished from his long travels he slams his fist on the bar and yells to the barkeep "Mutton and ale says I make it quick!"Half stumbling away, the barkeep mutters yes sir, yes sir. He takes no heed to the rest of the room except for the smoking man in the dark corner. He turns to the man and says, "What you looking at, what say you." As he clutches the handle of the four foot long hammer that hangs from his belt.

T

The Grey Sentinel

astaroth

Astaroth’s eyes narrowed as the large figure turned to address him. ~Now now my dear Ogre friend, no need to draw anymore attention to yourself then you already have.~ The words rung loud and clear inside the half-ogre’s head though the wizard’s lips never loosened their grip on the pipe.~Now please join me for you have come highly recommended and I must speak a bit of business with you this night.~ The wizard flashed him a smile as he motioned to an empty chair.

J

JT Klasky

...at the bar

A mighty thirst motivates Jeriseán to swiftly move from the entry to the bar and order up a flagon of mead. As the barkeep serves up his drink, he can feel the wind at his back as another patron enters. The battle weary fighter spares not a moment to see who has entered as its large frame casts a shadow upon him at the bar. As Jeriseán is about to down a mouthful of mead he pauses as the loud and intolerable beast barks commands to the barkeep. “Whew! …what be that stench I wonder?” Jeriseán announces as he looks up and down the bar pretending not to see the Ogre. “Smells like my granddad’s horse stable I should guess.”

T

Theda the Thief

oh boy!

Theda chuckles to herself as she watches the two at the bar. Oh this should be grand… she mutters as she lowers her hood revealing her slender face and long black hair. The Rogue catches the eye of a passing barmaid. “An ale here please miss!” she shouts, no longer worried about staying concealed. “Need to have a drink with the show.” She quips to a pair of Halflings seated at the next table.

C

coldstone

Without knowing why, he finds himself loosening the grip on his weapon. Relaxed, he moves toward the man in the corner. As he moves across the room, his head clears and he takes in his surroundings. The scamp hiding in the shadows, there will be time for that later, that warrior at the bar, he recognizes that sword the runes on the hilt. Ogre Killer!

Remove ads