• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Deeds On White Mountain--Game Thread

Gray Shade

First Post
Haakon and Lars, having spent quite a bit of time in the woods (and being most fleet of foot), quickly and efficiently begin to gather wood.

Grunt is eyeing the direction back towards Hazel nervously, on the verge of bolting, and Dentmus has some difficulty trying to keep him by the scruff while lighting the torch, but he succeeds (with some cursing).

Each round is 6 seconds, and 6 seconds is not a lot of time to gather wood. You have 3-4 rounds before the bugs swarm in from around the Entangle and plow over it. Will you both spend the entire time gathering wood (which, there are some trees near by so you are you don't have to search much: more of run, grab, throw; run, grab, throw) and will anyone else help? Also, who will make a ring of oil? Making the oil ring will take a round to dig out of luggage, then another round per vial of oil you pour to make the ring--assuming you want it big enough to encompass the horses--this will take 3 vials to offer some protection and 4 to get a nice thick fire burning instantly.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Ka’ashawndrah

Once she has removed her saddlebags, she will pull out her three flasks of oil and spead the oil out in an arc between the group and the bugs. If time permits she will grab her four flasks of alchemist's fire.

Fenris

Adventurer
Yes I will run throw etc. Once they are here, if possible I will have Lars help me into a tree (assuming the bugs aren't on them) to continue to cut wood. It'll be green but the terpenes in wood are a good insect repelent.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As Lars is gathering wood, doing the old grab and throw method, he smiles at Haakon, "So let me get this straight. When the wee critters are just about onto us you want me to throw you into a tree and then I high-tail it to the circle... How come you get to have all the fun?"

Krug

Newshound
Dentms struggles with grunt,even as he eyes the approaching bugs. "This had better work as I have no desire to be wormfood! My life has yet to be lived!"

Fenris

Adventurer
Deuce Traveler said:
As Lars is gathering wood, doing the old grab and throw method, he smiles at Haakon, "So let me get this straight. When the wee critters are just about onto us you want me to throw you into a tree and then I high-tail it to the circle... How come you get to have all the fun?"

"No Lars, we gather wood (toss, throw) and then we get into the ring (toss, throw) once the ring is lit (toss, throw) then you toss me up into a tree to get more wood (toss, throw) to keep it going."

OOC: How deep is the swarm? And are they crawling insects or flying? Are they close enough to be identified as beetles or larvae?

Gray Shade

First Post
The swarm doesn't seem very "deep." Maybe an inch or two. They're all crawling, but they seem to be all kinds of bugs: ants, beetles, spiders, etc. You get the feeling that everything smaller than your thumb that lives on White Mountiain is fleeing their homes, and you're in the way.

Fenris

Adventurer
Gray Shade,
Sorry, by deep I didn't mean thickness but rather how many feet front to back the swarm appears to be. The leading wave is wide, but I want to estimate how long it will take the swarm to pass by us (assuming they do).

Remove ads