Dark Fairytale IC

River Song

Explorer
"I don't know," Kalveen almost shouts in despair. "We should have gone for her when we had the chance. Lets try and cut through, at least we are doing something!"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
While his more physical companions hack at the thicket, Leonan walks along one side looking for the edge of the effect. As he goes, he tries to see if trees might serve as a shortcut - going over big branches may be somewhat faster than destroying thorny growth.

If that doesn't help, he uses his earth raising cantrip to tighten the foliage for easier cutting.

Kaleth stares at the thorn barrier. He had no tools that could cut through the vines and his powers where used to assault peoples minds not cut through barriers. He curses to himself trying to think of a way to help.

OOC: [MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION] So I have a power called telekenetic barrier. It creates a 40-ft long, 10-ft high, 1-inch thick transparent wall of energy; each 10-ft section has AC 10 & 10 hp. It doesn't say if I can shape this wall?

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: I always enjoy creative power use so in this instance ill let you shape it. Infact ill go so far as to rule aslong as you arnt in combat or otherwise distracted.

Kaleth continues to think. Perhaps his force barrier can carry them over these thorns. If he could shape it with his will it would make a bridge. He turns to the others.

I may have a way over.

He faces the thorn wall and concentrates shaping the force he uses to strike and move objects and solidifies it into a path. It arches up and over the thorn wall forming a bridge. He sees its shape as it warps in his minds eye.

Follow me and step where I step.

With that Kaleth turns steps on to the bridge feet seeming to step on empty air.

[sblock=Action] Spending 3 Psi and casting Telekinetic Barrier and forming a bridge over the thorns.[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Kaleth's quick thinking allows everyone to cross without much of a cost. From the height of the bridge you can see a large tree with several hollows in it, ringed by a small moat of water. Smoke is coming from the top of the tree causing large black clouds to form.

GM: I'll pause here as its your last chance to do anything before you get railroaded.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Great idea! Lead on! Remember to interrupt whatever parts of ritual you can if you can, but the priority should be the source of the evil. I'm a bit short on magic after that work." comments Leonan as he winches back his crossbow.

Remove ads