• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Fantasy D&D webcomic, with a twist.

Sticknia

First Post
Hey y’all.

I’m just popping by to ask if you could take a look at my comic and tell me what you think.
It's a D&D (3.5) based fantasy comic about a cat burglar and his spiral in to darkness. It's also done wholly in stick figures (Not OotS style)
Most importantly I’m curious if the art concept, which is kind of 2D/3D amalgam, is easy to understand and enjoyable. My experiment is to discover if this type of stick figure in a semi three dimensional world is viable as an art style to tell a story.
I’m new at all of this and I’m afraid my writing and art shows it, but it’s something I’ve been itching to try for a while now.
So, let me know what you think please!
If you’d like to see more go to Sticknia.com

Novem5er

First Post
Thank you for sharing your work :)

I actually like the art style. Your characters are simple, but interesting, and you've done a good job giving a sense of motion.

To be honest, though, I found a little bit of a disconnect between the art style and the narrative. The writing is kind of gritty and dark (as you described), but the stick figures are kinda cute and cartoony.

Admittedly, I didn't have time tonight to go back to issue #1 and get into it, so it might just be a contrast in styles that just takes a little bit more getting used to.

Good luck with it, though! Continuous web comics are hard work, so keep at it. I'll check back on it.

Sticknia

First Post
Viash, my friend who does the web stuff is working on RSS now.
Novem5er, I'd love to hear what you say after you have had a chance to read them all.
Thanks for reading.

-Stickman

Viashimo

First Post
Good to hear.

Sorry my comments aren't more constructive :s
If I didn't like it though, I would let you know which parts.

I kinda hope he gets beyond saying "Ice Wall". Great a few times, but in a long story it might feel... redundant almost.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I've only read the first several, but so far I've enjoyed it. Best part so far? The fish. I totally zeroed in on it, and was tickled to see it referenced in the very next strip. Your humor rawks! :D

The style is really neat & unique: you've done a pretty good job of keeping it uncluttered. I found it a little hard to resolve in one or two places, but overall it's well done.

I certainly plan to keep following it. Thx for sharing!

I've been following your web comic for a while now, and find it very entertaining, with an intriguing storyline and interesting art. The only complain I have is the same as with other comics I read: I'd like more frequent updates! :p

Seriously, good job so far. ;)

theskyfullofdust

First Post
Just read it all up to the latest, and I liked it. Nice artwork, very stylish, story's good too. I'll be keeping up with it as you go along. What do you use to create the art?

Remove ads