• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter, Discovery: Pushing for Impeachment

Friadoc

Explorer
"Frak it," says Cade as gun reports echo down the corridor, followed by the scream, and he turns toward it, turning his PDA off and putting it away.

As he moves forward to the opening to the corridor Cade says, "Larry, Meri, Doc...right side of the hall."

"Diego, with me on the left. Overlapping cover folks," says Cade as he leads the way down the hall. "Whatever this is, it's quick and deadly, so no hesitation, okay?"

OOC

Take 10 on an Intelligence check DC 10, which with Int Bonus and Smart Levels gives me a 17, thus everyone gets a +2 circumstance bonus for Cade's tactics plan.

It is applied to skill and attack checks for the next three rounds, for the whole team.

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith nods and takes the lead of her side of the hall, advancing roughly abreast with Cade. She looks a little goofy in her ordinary clothes holding a sword in one hand and a big metal shield in the other, but her face is deadly serious and her movements show no sign of hesitation.

kinem

Adventurer
Diego quickly takes his position heading down the hall on the left side. Cade usually seems to have good judgement in situations like this.

[sblock=ooc]I will be OOT and offline Weds. 6/18 - Mon 6/23. Diego has blessed rounds in his gun and expects to say his piece with his piece.[/sblock]

Falkus

Explorer
The hall is a charnel house. There's over a dozen dead bodies of elite security response operatives lying in pools of their own blood. Knives littered the hall and the corpses, far more knives than you'd expect any one person to be carrying.

As Team Libra advanced down the hall, the door from the briefing room opened up and Director Stanfield staggered out, clutching his bloody chest and holding a high caliber revolver in one hand. He collapsed onto the floor, his life leaking out.

A female scream cuts off with a gurgle inside the conference room, where the rest of the office's administrative staff, aside from Z, are lying dead in their chairs. Z was being lowered to the floor by a man at the head of the table. Her throat had just been cut.

He was a young man, with white hair and wearing a long coat, who would have otherwise been perfectly normal, if it weren't for the fact that flames were licking out of his sleeves and his eye sockets. He was holding a bloody knife in one hand. There were tatoos all over his face, of various arcane symbols. They faded almost as soon as you saw them.

"Through the blood of the ancients, the death of guardians and the sacrifice of the fey, the shackles are broken and I am free!"
he intoned in a surprisingly pleasant tone of voice as he dropped Z to the floor. "This world is now mine to do with as I! See! Fit!"

He glanced at team Libra. "Meddling insects come to interrupt me."

The being waves his hand at you, and there's a brief sensation of fire, and then...

*****​

"Hey, wake up! What's wrong with you guys? Forge said, snapping her fingers in Cade's face. "You've been standing there for five minutes, just staring off into space. Stanfield and the others are waiting for you in the briefing room. You want me to call medical?"

You're standing in the reception area of the Hoffmann institute. Everything looks normal. The lights are normal, the computer's normal, the security guards are normal and there's no dead bodies lying around.

A voice whispers in your ears. "That was the future as it could be."

Friadoc

Explorer
"Z!!!" Cade shouts with surprising anger, however it is all brought to a sudden halt by the snapping of reality from one to the current.

After a slow breath, Cade looks around at Team Libra before he nods at Nick's words, as well as the warning fresh in his ears.

"Keep what you can remember fresh in your mind," says Cade, a plan already forming within. "I've a feeling that we're only getting one shot at avoiding that fate."

Looking at Forge and before going to the conference room, Cade says, "No, we gotta talk to the Boss, now."

Shayuri

First Post
"You all saw that too?" Meredith asks, looking around and putting a hand on the wall as if to verify that it was real.

"Who...who was that?"

Remove ads