Dark Sun 3.5 - Trail of the Defiler

Bront

The man with the probe
"You should talk with Heartseer. He follows the Path of the Mind close than I. But yes, I was a slave and gladiator when I was younger, and a kind merchant purchased me, and let me earn my freedom. I lost friends, and was forced to fight for my life. I've even killed, something I'm not proud of," Darkclaw says, his head turning down

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You shouldn't feel bad. You killed because it was what you must do. There are many who kill for sport or pleasure and don't give it a second thought. The fact that it still bothers you and weighs on your heart paradoxically proves that your heart is pure."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Erianna laughs.*

"I am sure you have learned quickly that appearances can often be deceiving, and those based on manner of dress doubly so. Even so, I admit that I would rather not be here. If it weren't for my uncle's crazy idea that Dad and I aren't contributing enough, I could be in a nice comfortable room in Tyr studying the Way...When we get back, want to come study with me?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Good, me too. Thinking about my room back home helps me smile and ignore the blistering heat and the sand getting in everything. I can picture it now. We'll be sitting down, and we'll share some tea and perform some meditations. We'll focus together and delve into the Way. Won't it be nice?"

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue Ristu, Pterran druid

The fin on the back of Quaketongue's head quivers slightly as he speaks.

"It's so odd to me, Heartseer," he confesses in Pterran. "We've found this wayward cousin, and even joined this ... traveling market the mammals have devised. Yet Darkclaw seems still drawn to the human. And now look, he's even decided to take up the company of the half-giant."

Quaketongue cocks his head as he turns more fully to his clansman. "Do you think he prefers the dangerous company, or is he avoiding us?"

Remove ads