Dark Sun 4e

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Quick side note about Martial Power 2, they introduced a mechanic called Martial Practices. Martial practices work really well as replacement for rituals and low magic settings and if you needed to you could reskin some of the rituals in the player's handbook and give them more of a martial flavor if you need to.
While I think Martial Practices were seriously under fed. I have been putting effort in to making sure Martial Practices were up to snuff with rituals I have approximately tripled the number of them as well as synchronizing with the guidelines from the DMG2.

That is an ongoing task ;)

Zardnaar

Legend
You don't need the 2E stuff at all. Personally I prefer it but it's not required. The PDFs are cheap no need to really get original copies

You could get some of the fluff type books that would mostly be compatible enough. City State of Tyr comes to mind along with Dune Trader. They flesh the setting out with outthe drastic changes some if the 2E material did.

The 2E material often has short stories or smaller tidbits on the world of Athas along with commentary from the Wanderer.

Remove ads