• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun Character Sheets?

I probably just suck, but I've been looking for a Dark Sun Character sheet for like 2 hours now, to no avail, and I am starting to feel, defiled . I could have sworn I seen a cool one posted in here not to long ago, but it seems, long since buried.

Also, beyond practical issues (such as heat, and lack of smithing techniques), why is metal rare on Athas? It's not an issue, to me. But I was just curious. It seems like wood would be rare on a desert planet. Not ore.

And do thri-keen ever hang-out in the city-states? Or is that really odd?

Last edited:

Dice4Hire

First Post
1. Sheet? No idea, sorry.

2. Metal. Athas is depleted of most resources, except slaves. The fabled iron mines of Tyr are ones that were abandoned centuries before because they were not worth the effort to mine. Now they are.

3. Thri-kreen. I would say virtually none to not many of them, but YMMV. Enough that a PC Kreen is not a total freak would be best IMO.

Thanks.
1. That's too bad about the character sheet, methinks. I'm kind of surprised nobody has made one, and posted it yet, given rpg fanaticism.

2. Thanks for the Thri-keen info. It would seem rare. Albeit, I guesss there is a thri-keen noble family in one of the city-states. But, of course, that's an exception. I'll think I'll have the thri-keen ranger in the party hang out on the outskirts, primarily. She's just a NPC in the party anyhow. "Chik clitc cluk."

jsepeta

First Post
Thanks.
1. That's too bad about the character sheet, methinks. I'm kind of surprised nobody has made one, and posted it yet, given rpg fanaticism.

yeah, we're starting a Dark Sun campaign tonight, and the materials were released months ago, and there's no freaking character sheets. at first the DM was worried about the character builder not being updated to handle Dark Sun, but now I think that maybe the problem is a little deeper at WotC since they're all "D&D Essentials" now, and kind of giving up on Dark Sun. it's like they didn't even give it a chance. for Dark Sun to take off, one would expect that they'd FIRST fix character builder, and at least have a PDF of blank character sheets for people to use. It's like they're TRYING to fail.

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
In all fairness...how much is different between the standard character sheet (available on WotC's site, for free .pdf download) and a "Dark Sun" character sheet?

Theme. That's it. So...you write your Theme in on one of the myriad blank lines on a standard character sheet, or even squeeze it in next to your class or race, and BAM, you're ready to go.

I suspect what you're really complaining about is no support in the character builder and not having power cards. So...write your own power cards, use one of the myriad 3rd party power card .pdfs out there, and you're perfectly supported for your Dark Sun game.

Just like my group.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads