• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

darkhall-nestor's map and art posts

Modoc

First Post
Looks good!

i do have one comment. The streets and dock area should be shaded in a different color. At first I thought the streets might be waterways through the town. Maybe a dark gray would be better than the blue-gray.

Modoc said:
Looks good!

i do have one comment. The streets and dock area should be shaded in a different color. At first I thought the streets might be waterways through the town. Maybe a dark gray would be better than the blue-gray.

good advice thanks

I am also looking for ideas on textures for backgrounds verses solid color etc

Thanks

Modoc

First Post
If you have the ability to add texture to the water around the island, that would look cool. I believe any time you can add texture, depth, and shadow that's what helps to make a map memorable.

What program are you using? CC3?

Modoc said:
If you have the ability to add texture to the water around the island, that would look cool. I believe any time you can add texture, depth, and shadow that's what helps to make a map memorable.

What program are you using? CC3?

Adobe Illustrator

I can then edit in photoshop add textures etc

Sunaj2k3

First Post
Comments....

The Dwarf-Hold map looks very sharp--good job. I look forward to seeing the finished piece. By the way, what is the street layout between the cavern and overhead maps for?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The dwarf-hold is incredible. You have obviously managed to plan it so that every part has a function. Something that some published adventure-creators can't seem to do. Good work on that.

In the other there was something that bothered me a bit. The main streets seem extremely wide. But there could be many, many good reasons for this so it isn't such a big deal. Overall nice one too.

Keep up the good job. Don't mind if I snatch the dwarf-hold for my table-campaign, do you? ;)

Sunaj2k3 said:
The Dwarf-Hold map looks very sharp--good job. I look forward to seeing the finished piece. By the way, what is the street layout between the cavern and overhead maps for?

Thanks

I have a 500mb Photoshop file with shading and textures somewhere that I am working on still a work in progress those files get big fast

The street layout was created from a satellite photo of a medieval city in Italy (forgot which one, and god bless Google)

Its function relates to the room with the portals that are lettered to match streets of the city map

The portal will transport anyone passing through it to a corresponding place on the city map
Anyone that moves beyond the mapped portion of the city will be transported back to a corresponding portal depending on their exit point

Blackrat said:
The dwarf-hold is incredible. You have obviously managed to plan it so that every part has a function. Something that some published adventure-creators can't seem to do. Good work on that.

In the other there was something that bothered me a bit. The main streets seem extremely wide. But there could be many, many good reasons for this so it isn't such a big deal. Overall nice one too.

Keep up the good job. Don't mind if I snatch the dwarf-hold for my table-campaign, do you? ;)

Go ahead and use it

I’m currently writing up an adventure to go along with it

I started out using the AD&D 1.0 rules and I am curently trying to get it done using the 3.5 rules
Its is slow going as life intrudes on this process

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads