D&D 5E Darksun times of change[Oc]closed]

Azurewraith

Explorer
My sense is that they tried to make a single class that could be a 'psion' (psionic 'mage) and a psionic warrior, all in one. Hence the armor and hit dice, and crazy powers all in one.

I further think that they need to either make two classes...which they seem to really want to avoid...or make some of the warrior characteristics contingent on the selection of a kind of 'warrior path' choice.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm yea like the Bard of Battle or reverse Arcane Fighter :) good stuff...

Man Dark Suns is such a cool setting it really is a shame it has not follow up on... but I do have all the 4th ed. stuff also. So its not been long abandoned

Azurewraith

Explorer
Hmm yea like the Bard of Battle or reverse Arcane Fighter :) good stuff...

Man Dark Suns is such a cool setting it really is a shame it has not follow up on... but I do have all the 4th ed. stuff also. So its not been long abandoned
Ye the 4thed books are what ill be basing the vast majority of the conversion off mainly as its all I have to work with.

While I'm converting ill be working out the preliminary adventure. What would you guys be most interested in. Dungeon crawl? Overland exploration? Random assortment of quests? Other?

GreenKarl

First Post
For low-level stuff yea some overland adventure types... seeking out an lost oasis or destroyed ancient tome etc. City hijinks and shenanigans with various criminal elements and/or secret slaves for other cities, etc. Maybe some politics also, like rival groups within the city where the players are either backing one or maybe just trying to calm back ally fighting down to make it better for the people (assuming that we start somewhere around Tyr)

Azurewraith

Explorer
For low-level stuff yea some overland adventure types... seeking out an lost oasis or destroyed ancient tome etc. City hijinks and shenanigans with various criminal elements and/or secret slaves for other cities, etc. Maybe some politics also, like rival groups within the city where the players are either backing one or maybe just trying to calm back ally fighting down to make it better for the people (assuming that we start somewhere around Tyr)
Not sure on the exact location but Tyr seems the most likely but any of the city states could work.

eayres33

Explorer

I have to second GreenKarl here I would enjoy an overland adventure that moved into inter (or inner) city state politics.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I got a few ideas floating around that would accommodate this all ready. Drew up.a shortlist of things I want and things I don't want to convert to.

Remove ads