D&D 5E Darwin & Dragons, or the evolution of the halfling race!

I think you’ll find everyone is descended from Halfllngs. Though evolution has nothing to do with it. They used the power of the Pristine tower to alter themselves and turn themselves into the races we know and love today.

People seem to be under the misconception that gnomes are extinct on Athas. The truth is that they never existed on that world. It's impossible to derive anything as noble as the gnomish race from such base stock as halflings.

TheSword

Legend
People seem to be under the misconception that gnomes are extinct on Athas. The truth is that they never existed on that world. It's impossible to derive anything as noble as the gnomish race from such base stock as halflings.

Sorry dude, Gallard ‘Bane of Gnomes’ wiped your brothers out in 1299 or so (much as 4th edition did). I can put you in touch. He’s ruling Nibenay now!

Unlike 4th edition, no PHb2 is going to bring your little colleagues back to Athas... as anything other than ceramic desert ornaments.

Strider1973

Explorer
I was almost joking by starting this thread.... and, besides aesthetic factors, I'm smiling at some mechanical aspects of small races in 5th ed.: if I'm not wrong, now they can wield long swords and even greatswords (even if the latter with Disadvantage...), the've definetely become stronger if compared to halfilings and gnomes of D&D early editions!
For me that's okay, D&D 5th ed is my go-to game for fantasy rpgs, just smiling at that...
Happy life and happy gaming to everyone!

Sorry dude, Gallard ‘Bane of Gnomes’ wiped your brothers out in 1299 or so (much as 4th edition did). I can put you in touch. He’s ruling Nibenay now!

Gallardo was a cowardly poser who made up a race in order to "cleanse". Rajaat was stupid enough to belive him, and after his fall, the other Sorcerer Kings never bothered to correct the record.

Unlike 4th edition, no PHb2 is going to bring your little colleagues back to Athas... as anything other than ceramic desert ornaments.

Why would any gnome want to live on a s#!+hole like Athas? ;)

Halfling evolve from hobbit, mainly due to a copyright ownership.
Then halfling evolve mainly due to trend and marketing.
They even evolve into cannibals to please players and customers.
Darwin is completely outrun. He never anticipate that evolving would be tied to social, economic or cultural factor.s.

Remove ads