• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Darwin's World 2.0] Reviews, Thoughts?

VorpalBunny

Explorer
So anyone get DW2 yet? I'm still waiting for my FLGS to get it in, but I'm curious to see what the buzz is.

How's it stack up to DW1 or the d20 version of Gamma World?

Krieg

First Post
VorpalBunny said:
So anyone get DW2 yet? I'm still waiting for my FLGS to get it in, but I'm curious to see what the buzz is.

How's it stack up to DW1 or the d20 version of Gamma World?

I have the PDFs but not the print version yet. From I have seen so far it blows them both away. It's more customizable than DW1 (being based on D20 Modern) and is far more coherent than GW.

It's worth the money IMO.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Krieg said:
I have the PDFs but not the print version yet. From I have seen so far it blows them both away. It's more customizable than DW1 (being based on D20 Modern) and is far more coherent than GW.

It's worth the money IMO.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

Nothing specific. ;) Just curious if it plays better (or different) than DW1, and if they made any significant changes (other than using d20M) to the game.

I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on this puppy.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
My copy showed up at my door today. The first thing that struck me was that this is a HUGE book. I mean we're talking almost 400 pages full of post-apocalyptic goodness here. Granted, I already have the PDFs, but I'm still impressed by the enormity of this thing.

Remove ads