• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dashing Swordsman PrC?

Ambrus

Explorer
How's the DS build going?
My friend has decided to forgo fan-created or house-ruled prestige classes seeing as they can be a little iffy power-wise. Instead, he's decided to multiclass as a Rogue/Swashbuckler and then head into the Arcane duelist prestige class. I'm not certain about the exact details...

Regarding Primal Scream (which I assume is a feat), holy moly that seems overpowered! It seems even better than a barbarian's rage class ability...:-S

Notmousse

First Post
Regarding Primal Scream (which I assume is a feat), holy moly that seems overpowered! It seems even better than a barbarian's rage class ability...:-S

It's 'elven' rage, so it's inherently better. Furthermore it stacks with the rage of mortals allowing others to learn how much superior 'elven' rage truly is. Supposedly it could also stack with Frenzy.

Elves: Everything you can do we can do better; we can do everything better than you.

Muddman

First Post
Another option is a pair of boots from DMG II, they're called something like lsippers of battle dancing. Here's the basics, first off you egt bonuses to balance and jump and tumble. Then, if you have 5 or more ranks in dance, you get its true power. So long as you are weilding a one handed weaon and you move more than 10' in a round you can use your cha modifier for your to hit and damage roll.

Definatly along the lines of your friend's concept.

Derro

First Post
A couple people have told me that the one I created (on a lark) worked out pretty well for them.

This is quite good and keeps in line with the inspirational material, i.e. OotS. The only critical comment I would make is that the base attack requirement is a bit high at +6. That prevents mid-tier combatants, bards and rogues, from getting in until 9th level. Your skill rank requirements prevent anyone from getting in until 6th level which is about right.

That One Guy

First Post
My friend has decided to forgo fan-created or house-ruled prestige classes seeing as they can be a little iffy power-wise. Instead, he's decided to multiclass as a Rogue/Swashbuckler and then head into the Arcane duelist prestige class. I'm not certain about the exact details...
Tell your friend to pick up the Daring Outlaw feat from Complete Scoundrel. One of my favorites for that sort of character. Also, a lot of the movement and interaction skill tricks in there are nice. Acrobatic backstab saw a lot of love and use with a character a few years ago. I think Spring attack, Bounding Assault (PHBII), and Telling Blow (PHBII) may also go over well.... depending on what type of character he/she wants.

Remove ads