Database clean up on usernames

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Hey folks!

Well, we have more than five megs of user data at the moment and since I've had to correct two database hiccups in one day I've performed a minor clean up of accounts that do not have any information beyond a username and a password.

If you owned one of these account and it has suddenly disappeared then you may re-create it if you wish however we do ask that you only create accounts that you intend to use and not just recreate accounts for creating them's sake.

No account with a description has been touched and quite a few with just a username and password were also left.

I'll continue to look for other ways to help streamline things.

Cheers,

Gabriel
Resident Tinkerer

Ruthia

First Post
Gabe may I make a suggestion? I don't know about anyone else but I know I have several characters that are either Dead or no longered Used. So why not ask for people to post or send you list of such characters? You might find a lot of characters vanish that way :) Just a suggestion.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Someone has already very nicely sent us a list of names that we can get rid of, and we will do so. What's good is that they also sent the passwords so we can confirm that they have the right to ask for those accounts to go away.

"Oh yeah, I don't need these anymore so you can delete Bhryn, Ruthia (all forms), Thanriyon, Rajak, Magatsu, Imreis, Incara Laurana, and yeah, Siani too." :)

Ruthia

First Post
Magi_Trelian said:
"Oh yeah, I don't need these anymore so you can delete Bhryn, Ruthia (all forms), Thanriyon, Rajak, Magatsu, Imreis, Incara Laurana, and yeah, Siani too." :)

Now now now Tre...You won't be rid of us THAT easily *insert evil laugh here*

Lince'sa

First Post
Ruthia said:
Gabe may I make a suggestion? I don't know about anyone else but I know I have several characters that are either Dead or no longered Used. So why not ask for people to post or send you list of such characters? You might find a lot of characters vanish that way :) Just a suggestion.
Ruthia, dear, send all those Ruthia to him that you can't use so you can use Ruthia again, instead of Ruthia rev. 3.312 : )

Babylon Logos

First Post
Would it be possible to get a list of my characters so I can give you a list of ones to delete? I forget what ones I actually have signed up. I usually log in by trial and error. If so, just tell me who to pester for that.

Bhryn

First Post
DUDE, I topped the list!!!!

XD

*noogies Tre* nice try, sweetie, gonna stick around forever... mwahahaha!

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Dontella said:
hah.. I didn't make the list. You must suffer!

*wanders off*

I'm with you...I'm not sure if that's a good thing though!

More seriously, I have a few characters that I hardly use but I'm suffering Babylon's predicament. I really shoulda kept a list somewhere.

Remove ads