Database clean up on usernames

Lince'sa

First Post
Imreis said:
Oh, one last idea. Perhaps acutally going through at a set day and deleting EVERY character name would help. Granted everyone has to regestered but it will clean everything up and will help everyone involved. Everyone can save there dessys and just remake all the characters. just an idea :)

having to remake a ton of characters people do use to get rid of the ones they don't is bad. some people have a lot of characters they use, the ones they don't use many are willing to send in for deletion. there's no reason for everyone to have to remake all their characters.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
We won't delete all characters. It's too hard to ensure that everyone gets sufficient notice to save off character descriptions. Though it's a very good idea to save them anyway because databases can fail, as we've seen here before.

The point about those in the military is a good one. To get rid of un-played characters every three months does sound too often under such circumstances. What would really be nice is some way for players to set a time in their own profiles, with a default of yearly or biannually, but those that know they're likely to dump chars often can set it to a more frequent clean-up interval. *makes note for Gabe*

Venisad

First Post
Well, I just suggested a time.. 3 months, 90 days.. damn infomercials...

but I'm going to find the other characters of mine and see which ones I want to keep and which ones I'll send in for deletion, make room for old names, new faces heh.

Khaira

First Post
Well, I'm definitely going to ask that the variations of Khaira and Evander be deleted. As some may recall, some variations were created, with not-so-nice thoughts in mind, by a younger family member of mine.

Arg. Some people's children.

Drindin

First Post
Man... I really *should* contact the wiz-er-magi, with a list of all the usernames I will never use again.

Mind you, that's one lengthy list. (They all received major screentime at one point, but none since)

Jaka Blader

First Post
Char deletion

I have quite a few chars I no longer use, when I get a chance I will gladly send ya the names and passwords Gabe. Even if I just give 'em to ya in an offline message on YIM hehe.

Remove ads