• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dave Arneson Death Confirmed

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
2780158574_c08810d1b4_m.jpg

To be fair, I heard of Dave, in the last 4-6 years or so...
Finding out later, that Blackmoor, the ground Zero primer that lead to Greyhawk.
Made me appreciate more...of the creative minds that brought fun into our lives, for all.​

-Nerull...feeling a wind of change.​

Bows deep his head, in acknowledging the passing of another great one.​

He cries quietly...and all the other dieties of Oerth, follow suit with the same solemn action.-​

Last edited:

Paladin

Explorer
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Arneson at GenCon when he bought a dice bag from us for a family member. He was very nice and took the time to speak with Paladinwife & I for quite some time.

Thank you, sir, for all of your contributions to D&D and RPGs.

R.I.P.

Baumi

Adventurer
Your name will not be forgotten as long as there are Players out there ... and since humankind has played since the beginning of time, you will be remembered forever!

Thank you!

Sonny

Adventurer
Thank you sir.

I have no idea what (if anything), waits for all of us after this life. But, if there is something more for us, I hope you'll get as much joy from it as you've given all of us over the years.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rest peacefully, sir, in the knowledge that your contribution to the lives of everyone on this board, and gamers all over the world, can never be overstated.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Thank you so much for what you helped to create, and from all accounts for just being a great person.

Bright journeys, Dave.

Remove ads