David Gustavick

Khaira

First Post
Ruthia said:
*Ruthia, after spending time calming and talking to some friends, returns to reread this notice. She frowns when she spots the newest one...her hand starts shaking as she picks up a quill to write a response to this person*

Ana,
you claim to know....to understand and that violence is not the answer. Yet you do not know me, you do not know my family. I have been used, beaten, chained, and abused by my own brothers, and even my own son.

you ask me to let you face him, to confront him...yet you do not know what you are dealing with. And I will not put you, Daughter of my best and closest friend, to be placed in danger. Even if you will it so.....

Anastrianna shook her head as she read the most recent response, the defiant denial of one Ruthia, the attempt by the friend of her mother to exclude her from helping or even doing anything.
She penned the next note in a firm, strong script.

You are not the first nor the last to endure atrocities in the name of your family. You are not the first, and will not be the last, to attempt to put me from danger in hopes of saving my life or my virgin eyes.

My life and my decisions are mine to make, Ruthia, friend of Khaira. I knew what I was dealing with when I set off on this path. I knew what I was doing when I took the bloodoath that I have taken, and have renewed many times, before the gods.

I am no freshborn babe, new to the conflicts that plague this land, or many lands like it, and I, too, have had my fair share of violence thrust my way bythe Fates. This decision is not yours to make, it is not my mother's, and it is not the Gods' choice to make. It is my own choice to make. I made my choice long ago when I set out on this path, and I yet maintain my choice. I will yet stand, unwavering, by the choice that I have made. Danger is nothing new to me.
Please, do not think me helpless or defenseless - you need not worry overmuch for my well-being...

Ruthia

First Post
*Ruthia picks up a pen as if to write a reply. But suddenly she stops, her hand shaking violently. Then with tears in her eyes, her heart feeling torn she drops then pen. CLuching a hand to her belly protectively she sighs. The only mark of her passing she leaves is a tear pressed to the paper, which takes the shape of a grey dragon*

o O(i give up.....why go on living? Ormus will never love me again or...his children.)

*She looks at her belly, which is just barely startingto show her pending pregnancy. She cries softly, leaving the tavernwith a heavy, painfilled heart*

Remove ads