• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dawnforge - Clerics & Druids

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I recently picked up the 3 books in one set for this setting and I've fallen rather in love with it. However, when it comes to running this setting in the future I want to keep clerics and druids rather than use the new replacement classes in the setting. The slight changes to wizards is fine but I ask those who know the setting better than I, if keeping the core divine classes would unbalance things compared to the slightly changed wizard.

I'm guessing not from how I'm reading it, but I find its often better to get an outside view.

Setanta

First Post
If you want to keep clerics and druids, it won't unbalance things. The main reason for dumping them and going with the disciple and shaman is flavour. I really like the fact that there are no gods, thus no clerics. It's going to be a major on going campaign theme that various things attempt to ascend to godhood. If any are successful, then the cleric will become a playable class, but it will be specialty clerics for each god.

Remove ads