• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dawnforge: Heroes of Legend - Game Restart

Lichtenhart

First Post
Everything I know about Dawnforge tells me that I'd love this game, but unfortunately I couldn't find the book yet. If you say I can try to make a character without it, I'd be very glad to play.

G

Guest 11456

Stuff

Teflon Billy - Great! Sounds good.
Lichtenhart - Check out my post on races and class. Let me know what else you need.
Brother Shatterstone & Starman - Sorry to hear it.

Lichtenhart

First Post
I'd like to try a tiefling wizard. Can you tell me what tiefling talents do, if Dawnforge tieflings are very different (in appearance and behavior) from MM and a little bit about them so I can make a proper background for him? I'm especially interested in what the other races think about them.

Do I have to pay the 100 gp for my familiar with my starting gold (120gp)?

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Please bear in mind that this is just from the books, the DM may have other ideas/twists on things... Generally, tiefers are not trusted/liked by the other races, because of their demonic ties and their infernalish society.... But then again, lizardfolk aren't that popular either. ;)

G

Guest 11456

Lichtenhart said:
I'd like to try a tiefling wizard. Can you tell me what tiefling talents do, if Dawnforge tieflings are very different (in appearance and behavior) from MM and a little bit about them so I can make a proper background for him? I'm especially interested in what the other races think about them.

Racial Talents:
Arcane Mastery - for wizard you get one additional spell slot per day of any level you can cast.
Infernal Gift I - choose 1 cantrip and 1 first level spell that become spell-like abilities cast at your character level.
Infernal Gift II - You don't meet the requirements for this one.
Demonic Familiar - You get an imp or a quasit as your familiar.
Infernal Resistance - +4 bonus to saves vs spells, special abilities, and special attacks of evil outsiders.
Talent Feats - gain one of these feats that you meet the requirements for: any metamagic feat, Augment Summoning, or Spell Focus (conjuration).
Talent Skills - +5 divided amonst: Craft (any), Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Profession (any), and Speak Language. A skill may receive no more than a +3 talent bonus from this ability.

Tiefling as compared to an average human:
Dark-skinned with distinct red markings on torso and face. Slight of build and shorter. Eyes have dark, horizontal pupils. Teeth are more sharply pointed. Hair is black (or silver as they age), worn long and straight down their back. All have horns from barely noticeable ridges beneath their hair to large curved horns that almost completely cover their ears. Large horns are favored by tiefling women, wrapping their hair about them in different styles.
Base height: 5'-0"/4'-10"
Height modifier: +2d8"
Base weight: 130#/95#
Weight modifier: x (2d4) #
Age adulthood: 15 years
Wizard modifier: +2d6 years
Middle age: 35 years
Old age: 53 years
Venerable age: 70 years
Maximum age: +2d20 years

They are generally unwelcome in human lands, but some of the other races find them tolerable companions. Gnomes have a strange fondness for them. Some night elves have begun soliciting the aid of them in their war with the dawn elves.

Lichtenhart said:
Do I have to pay the 100 gp for my familiar with my starting gold (120gp)?

Yes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads