• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Day Break Episode 6

dravot

First Post
Anyone watch it?

More fun & goodness.

I like how Hopper found Dettweiler (Jonathan Banks! Yay! I love him!), and we got the iterative sequence until Hopper got enough info to figure out what to do: hand off the material, knowing that it would spark events, and allow him to trace new people.

The first one was the best: Dettweiler's wife shows up with the shotgun, and then it's the next day and he tries again. :D

Good work!

Is the girl who shot Chad (and was later in the back of the car at the quarry) also the 1991 murder victim? It seems so.

Fast Learner

First Post
Yeah, Rita (I think that's his sister's name) is in it way, way deep. You could tell from the beginning (good acting!) that something was up with her, but I assumed it was something much smaller.

Every episode they manage to stun me, yet the story always makes sense. Fantastic!

LightPhoenix

First Post
Doh, I just got into this, and I found out it was cancelled. I guess the ratings stank, but I thought it was pretty good semi-mindless action fun, a la 24.

This show reminded me a lot, stylistically, of Kidnapped. Both were fairly continuity heavy, but not difficult to watch, and pretty fun action. Also, they both have a more gritty, realistic style to the cinematography, and they're both kind of stressful. Figures both would get canned.

Honestly though, I think this show was a little too violent for ABC's delicate Housewives/Grey's/Lost audience. Perfect example this eppy - Damien killing the assassins at the end of the episode after being tipped off by Hop. I could see this doing a lot better on NBC, or even better USA or TNT, where they can get away with a little more. Even Sci-fi might have been able to do good by it. ABC is just too light for it though.

Also, I didn't recognize Rita as Chad's killer either, until I looked it up. I think it's because she wasn't in full light, and we hadn't really seen her in a couple of episodes.

Wikipedia says that the remaining episodes will be shown online, like (again) Kidnapped, but then Wikipedia isn't a great source, and I didn't see a citation for that information.

dravot

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Phooey. I bet they're going to start showing Lost again. Blech.

Yeah, but not until February 7th (I think).

I hope we can watch the remaining 5 episodes. I'd be pretty angry if we didn't.

dravot

First Post
Fast Learner said:
Damn, so disappointing that it's canceled.

Wikipedia now says that it's unknown what will happen to the rest of the episodes.

Technically, the best I can find is that it's 'on hiatus', not cancelled. That means there's a chance (however small) that they'll still air the remaining episodes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads