• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Day of Discovery (Problem child)

N'raac

First Post
Was his name Pladimir Vutin?

The whole issue came up in lay, so no aspect of his design was based on the leader role. It was the natural outgrowth of his personality.

His name, which I really should have thought to add, was N'raac Tzanthalos...

Kessalin Talira

First Post
I think I agree with Gilladian here: with the problems you've had in just the last few weeks with this guy, I think he needs to find a new group to play with. Considering he's already thrown in the towel and there's no compelling reason that I'm aware of to let him come back, don't let him. If you DO decide to let him come back, I think it needs to be a completely new character with no ties whatsoever to the old one(s), with appropriate wealth and vetted by the rest of the group for accuracy. He can't be trusted to make a character that follows the rules, so don't trust him to do it this time around. If he wants to play, he plays a character everyone in the group is satisfied with.

Personally, I'd hold him to his "I quit" statement.

Greenfield

Adventurer
He just sent me another edition of his character.

His character is Human with a 14 Int. We give a free "regional" language to those who don't get a racial one, so by the book he should be able to speak four languages.

His character has six, which I've pointed out to him on both previous versions of the character.

His skill points are in balance, if you ignore the Speak Language he needed to pay for. That's better, but still not good.

His bow still says "Ray". It has the notation "c. +1", which according to him means magic +1, Mighty +1. Doesn't actually say that anyplace on the sheet though. I've asked him to fix that, twice, but he hasn't.

His armor is simply listed as "m. Breastplate". It's Mithral, hence the "m", but it's also +2 magical. Another thing he should have written down someplace. Didn't.

He has the base movement marked as "20/30 swim". The Amphibious build, from Stormwrack, says they gain a Swim speed of 1/2 their base land movement. I'm guessing that his character generator filled this in, seeing medium armor and missing the Mithral that he left off. That explains the 20. The 30 swim? Should be 15.

He also still shows a Shield spell as an armor item, so it's added into his AC full time. I've mentioned that a few times.

I could go on.

I have a printed copy of the sheet, and I'm going to mark it up myself.

If I was going to be a real heel I'd enforce that old rule: If it isn't on the sheet, your character doesn't have it.

Or I could just wait for him to try and fire that bow, and ask how many arrows his character is carrying? There aren't any on the sheet. :)

I'm not actually planning to ride the guy. I'm actively trying to ease tensions. But the first time he tries to cheat I'm going to stop him, cold.

Over all though, I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow. The Tinker is still mad at Problem Child, and Problem Child is probably going to insist on an apology for being called a cheat. That will bring tensions to a boil, on the spot.

There's a "Vote to Evict" in progress. I'm waiting to hear from one player, and he probably won't respond, so by my own rules I can't call it a done deal. The in-person vote, on the other hand, has more than enough to evict. The boil over will prompt that vote.

N'raac

First Post
His character is Human with a 14 Int. We give a free "regional" language to those who don't get a racial one, so by the book he should be able to speak four languages.

His character has six, which I've pointed out to him on both previous versions of the character.

His skill points are in balance, if you ignore the Speak Language he needed to pay for. That's better, but still not good.

Closer, but never quite there...

His bow still says "Ray". It has the notation "c. +1", which according to him means magic +1, Mighty +1. Doesn't actually say that anyplace on the sheet though. I've asked him to fix that, twice, but he hasn't.

His armor is simply listed as "m. Breastplate". It's Mithral, hence the "m", but it's also +2 magical. Another thing he should have written down someplace. Didn't.

He has the base movement marked as "20/30 swim". The Amphibious build, from Stormwrack, says they gain a Swim speed of 1/2 their base land movement. I'm guessing that his character generator filled this in, seeing medium armor and missing the Mithral that he left off. That explains the 20. The 30 swim? Should be 15.

He also still shows a Shield spell as an armor item, so it's added into his AC full time. I've mentioned that a few times.

I have a printed copy of the sheet, and I'm going to mark it up myself.

Pretty clear he's not really making any effort to fix it, although this still compares well to "emailed just before the game". "Exceeds expectations but still needs significant improvement".

If I was going to be a real heel I'd enforce that old rule: If it isn't on the sheet, your character doesn't have it.

Or I could just wait for him to try and fire that bow, and ask how many arrows his character is carrying? There aren't any on the sheet. :)

It's a fair question.

Over all though, I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow. The Tinker is still mad at Problem Child, and Problem Child is probably going to insist on an apology for being called a cheat.

"I'm sorry I assumed you were cheating. I accept your word that you are not deliberately cheating, which I can do only by accepting you are functionally illiterate and severely mentally handicapped. But I will accept that, in the interests of group harmony. Here is your corrected character sheet. Let's play."

That will bring tensions to a boil, on the spot.

There's a "Vote to Evict" in progress. I'm waiting to hear from one player, and he probably won't respond, so by my own rules I can't call it a done deal. The in-person vote, on the other hand, has more than enough to evict. The boil over will prompt that vote.

If only the game is similarly exciting and action packed!

Dandu

First Post
"I'm sorry I assumed you were cheating. I accept your word that you are not deliberately cheating, which I can do only by accepting you are functionally illiterate and severely mentally handicapped. But I will accept that, in the interests of group harmony. Here is your corrected character sheet. Let's play."
I have a few ideas for that character sheet...

Last edited:

N'raac

First Post
I have a few ideas for that character sheet...

I doubt it's absorbent enough to be useful in that capacity, and it's probably scratchy. Plus, it's so full of that now, I suspect it's at or beyond capacity already.

Or were you thinking of something else?

[Maybe he prints one-sided, in which case the back could be used as scrap paper, at least...]

Greenfield

Adventurer
Our online vote concluded last night.

I asked PC not to come to the game again.

He did not take it well. Probably would have been worse in person.

As it is, my group doesn't have to endure the ugly side of this, which I suppose is a good thing. I still don't like the idea of someone being tried in absentia, but then there never is a "likable" way to tell someone to leave.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads