• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #1

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds HP 2/2

Eleyna said:
Looking once again to Lorenzo, she replied, "Oh, hey Zo. Been awhile." Her smile changed, her previous compassion replaced with more of a general friendliness.

"I'll say," Lorenzo said with a smile, "you've been a tough one to keep up with . . ."

While he spoke, Lorenzo glanced into the coach's office to make certain nothing was going on there . . . and that no one else was listening in.

Eleyna said:
"I'm sort of talking with Gabe here... we're kind of in the middle of something... can you give us just a second?"

"Hey, no problem," Lorenzo replied. "Offer still stands . . . I know more ways out of this place than just about anyone . . . " 'except for Kyle, maybe' Lorenzo finished with a thought.

Lorenzo noticed Gabe slinking behind Eleyna and Eleyna's protective attitude . . . it was good to see her as something other than sullen. Lorenzo took a couple of steps back to give them some space, and looked into and through the coach's office.

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

"Hey, no problem," Lorenzo replied. "Offer still stands . . . I know more ways out of this place than just about anyone . . . " 'except for Kyle, maybe' Lorenzo finished with a thought.

After Lorenzo had moved away a bit, Eleyna turned back to Gabe. Compassion showing in her eyes, she lowered her voice, "Gabe, we need to get out of here soon. I'm cool with Zo tagging if you are, but you gotta tell me. I don't know who you can, or even want to trust with this. Whatever we do though, we need to do it soon, 'cuz I don't know when the gen-scan is gonna start..."

Last edited:

Synchronicity

First Post
Gabriel 'Gabe' Adams, HP 2/2

kid A said:
After Lorenzo had moved away a bit, Eleyna turned back to Gabe. Compassion showing in her eyes, she lowered her voice, "Gabe, we need to get out of here soon. I'm cool with Zo tagging if you are, but you gotta tell me. I don't know who you can, or even want to trust with this. Whatever we do though, we need to do it soon, 'cuz I don't know when the gen-scan is gonna start..."

Looking up with fearful eyes, Gabe stammered,

"I...Lorenzo's cool, but...I...I can't.."

With a deep breath, Gabe started again, taking reassurance from Eleyna's obvious compassion.

"No-one else. I..I just can't take more people now. I need to get away from here...but I don't know where to go."

Gabe sighed again and rubbed his face, sagging with fatigue.

"I...I'm just so tired and...and scared...and I can't think. Eleyna...all I know is, I don't want to be here. I don't care where we go..so long as it's away. No-one...no-one else knows about..about me being a...about what I am."

Gabe's voice wavered on the last words, and he shivered. It seemed he still couldn't say the word, couldn't totally admit to himself what he was. A mutant. His hand twitched, as he seemed about to reach out for Eleyna's hand again, but something made him arrest the movement. His darting eyes fixed on Eleyna's again.

"I...whatever you decide...it's OK. Just...just..."

'Just stay with me. Don't walk away, don't leave me to deal with this alone..'

Gabe left his words unfinished, though his eyes told the tale. It looked like he was exhausted, only Eleyna's presence keeping him from collapsing.

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

"I...whatever you decide...it's OK. Just...just..."

Gabe left his words unfinished, though his eyes told the tale. It looked like he was exhausted, only Eleyna's presence keeping him from collapsing.

Poor Gabe... I don't even know what I'd do if I had to deal with this... It was like his whole life was closing in on him. She couldn't even imagine how he felt, and she did her best to make sure he didn't feel alone.

"Hey... Gabe... god, Gabe, it's okay! I'm... listen, I'm not gonna leave you alone with this. I'll get you out of here.. We'll... I dunno... we'll go... wherever it is, I'll go with you. You don't have to do this alone. Okay? It'll be alright! Everything's gonna be alright!"

It didn't matter to her that they would be leaving school. All she had today was a stupid psych exam. It's not like she couldn't make the damn thing up. And, to be honest, her performance hadn't been stellar as of late anyways. How's another 'C' gonna hurt my 'C' average? She couldn't just leave Gabe like this. He was a good guy and this was obviously crushing him.

Now, what to do about Zo? Eleyna thought for a moment, and then she tapped Gabe's arm. "Hold on a sec," she said. Walking up to Lorenzo to explain, she realized she didn't really want to lie to him. But this was huge, and it wasn't his concern anyway, unless Gabe made it so. She certainly didn't want people up in her business. No, Lorenzo was alright, but she couldn't just open this up to the public without Gabe's permission. She bent the truth, "Zo, look, I'm sorry, but I gotta get Gabe out of here. He's seriously stressing, and he just needs to settle down. To talk, y'know? I can call you later on your cell when things blow over. Okay?"

Last edited:

Synchronicity

First Post
Gabriel 'Gabe' Adams, HP 2/2

Eleyna said:
Poor Gabe... I don't even know what I'd do if I had to deal with this... It was like his whole life was closing in on him. She couldn't even imagine how he felt, and she did her best to make sure he didn't feel alone.

"Hey... Gabe... god, Gabe, it's okay! I'm... listen, I'm not gonna leave you alone with this. I'll get you out of here.. We'll... I dunno... we'll go... wherever it is, I'll go with you. You don't have to do this alone. Okay? It'll be alright! Everything's gonna be alright!"

It didn't matter to her that they would be leaving school. All she had today was a stupid psych exam. It's not like she couldn't make the damn thing up. And, to be honest, her performance hadn't been stellar as of late anyways. How's another 'C' gonna hurt my 'C' average? She couldn't just leave Gabe like this. He was a good guy and this was obviously crushing him.

At Eleyna's words, a look of warmth and appreciation appeared on Gabe's face, almost dislodging the strain and fear. Gabe spoke, keeping his voice low so that Lorenzo didn't overhear.

"Eleyna...thank you. I...you're a really good person, Eleyna. A good...friend."

Gabe hesitated a little over the last word, as if he wasn't sure how it'd be received, and looked anxious for a moment.

"Is..is it okay? I..I mean, the..the skipping school, the wandering around with a..with me?"

It looked like Gabe was about to say more, but then his eyes flicked over to Lorenzo and he subsided, obviously holding something back.

Eleyna said:
Now, what to do about Zo? Eleyna thought for a moment, and then she tapped Gabe's arm. "Hold on a sec," she said. Walking up to Lorenzo to explain, she realized she didn't really want to lie to him. But this was huge, and it wasn't his concern anyway, unless Gabe made it so. She certainly didn't want people up in her business. No, Lorenzo was alright, but she couldn't just open this up to the public without Gabe's permission. She bent the truth, "Zo, look, I'm sorry, but I gotta get Gabe out of here. He's seriously stressing, and he just needs to settle down. To talk, y'know? I can call you later on your cell when things blow over. Okay?"

Gabe nodded quietly at Eleyna's words, obviously willing to just go along with her decisions. 'It'll all be okay. Eleyna said so, and I believe her. I just need to get away from here..but is it going to be okay for her?'

As she walked over to Lorenzo, Gabe slumped against the wall, trying to recover some of his energy by the false sense of relaxation it provided. His eyes, tired but appreciative, watched Eleyna all the while. In his mind, he completed his early hesitant words.
'I don't know what I can do...what if I accidentally hurt you somehow?' Gabe's brow furrowed in worry at the thought.
'I don't want to hurt anyone. Especially not Eleyna. Hang on..especially? Where'd that come from?' Gabe's frown persisted, trying to settle his emotional state into something he could understand..with no real luck.

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Attention everyone

Shortly after the bell sounded the loud speaker came to life with the morning announcements.

"Good morning faculty and students. Before we get into the daily announcements there is a special event that you need to be made aware of. The annual Medical-Scanning Process will be taking place today. It seems that Whitmyer High has never, once been afflicted by anything dealing with the MedScan process. This has intrigued the agencies involved in their research. So as you attend gym class or are instructed by your teachers, you will be scanned by high tech medlab gear that will determine any less than common illness or diseases. I am sure this will prove to be a great day for all of us."

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

As he hears the announcement, Corey visibly pales. Medscan? The genscan? I thought that was in the spring. But it's ok, I'm fine, I'm not a genefreak. Am I? It only happened once!.. What if they came here because Dennis ratted me? Oh crap crap crap crap crap what am I going to do crap crap crap gotta get out of here crap crap crap...

Kyle Graham, HP: 2/2

Med scan? Yeah.. right.. you need all that for a general health examination. DOUBTFUL. Kyle me boy, time ta get yer mutant ass out of here. Kyle thinks to himself as he tosses the idea of tapping the school network and moves directly to what he kindly thinks of has 'Gettin da hell outa dodge' part of his plan. Moving quickly he heads all the way back to where he came on campus, checking carefully for observers as he starts planning to ditch any of them

(ooc: any sort of cover, forested lots next door, ect.. will be used in Mr. Graham's attempts to leave.)

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
School Hallway:
Andrew was making promises to Catherine but his mind was on his talk with the Coach. "You know I want to see that new Eric Stanford film so bad, Andy. Can we go do that? Just for one night can we have a real date with no team and no game? I would really love it." Before Andrew Ward could answer, the morning announcements began. He looked around the halls to see the mixed reactions the med scan news had generated. This was going to prove to be an interesting day al right. And it was taking place in the gym. Coach Shelton always seemed uptight when these things came around, this sure wouldn't help the team any.

Gymnasium:
As the students stood there awestruck, the news from the morning announcements seemed to rattle them even more. The crew working on the equipment did not hesitate, simply continued to attach some kind of reclined chairs to the main cylinder. This thing was looking monstrous.

Jennifer Allen hesitated to hear the morning announcements. A stray thought quickly darted through her mind wondering if her new abilities could register on a medical scanner.

Corey Vinyard began scanning the room for any sign of Dennis laughing at him from the Principal's side. No one would go through this much trouble just to get to him, would they?

Kyle made his way out of the gym during the announcements. He has decided a government run health check is not the place for a young mutant. He made his way out of the building, undetected, and decided his best way off school property was across the back student parking lot.

Sammy Donaldson was a bit shocked by the news. His first reaction was to look for Kyle who seemed to have disappeared. He looked over the other kids who still appeared stunned, except for Jennifer.

Outside the Coach's Office:
Lorenzo watched Coach Shelton become very obviously tense at the broadcast of morning announcements. Kind of strange since that guy had a habit of letting almost anything roll off his back. He also noticed the coach take a hand full of files and lock them in his desk before saluting the American flag hanging on his wall. He then grabbed his clipboard and roster and walked into the hall. Coach Shelton closed his door behind him and looked up to see Lorenzo, Gabe and Eleyna. He just stood there looking at them for a moment. Lorenzo could have sworn he was about to cry. He had never imagined Shelton could look that sad. "Don't you kids have someplace to be. Not exactly the right day to be making yourselves noticed, is it." And then he walked into the gym.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Coach Shelton said:
He just stood there looking at them for a moment. Lorenzo could have sworn he was about to cry. He had never imagined Shelton could look that sad. "Don't you kids have someplace to be. Not exactly the right day to be making yourselves noticed, is it." And then he walked into the gym.

"No sir, coach," Lorenzo replied with respect. He had always liked coach, though he had turned down the opportunity to play on the team when it was given - it was just too much responsibility. Coach Shelton seemed to understand and let it go at that - he didn't get pushy and threaten, and Lorenzo respected him for that.

Feds were bad news, med scans or no med scans. Lorenzo wasn't afraid of the scans, he felt healthy. But this was definitely turning into a good day to skip - and the excuse that he was helping with the scans and stuff might make the perfect excuse . . . for tomorrow that was. He just would lie low and ditch . . . using the excuse for tomorrow.

Lorenzo turned to Eleyna and Gabe, smiled and offered a final, "Monte Carlo express now departing at the school parking lot gate . . ."

Ditching school was fun and all . . . but it was much more fun if someone was with you. 'Wonder what Stephanie's up to . . . maybe I can call the school and pretend to be her dad. . . . Dead grandma . . . that might work,'Lorenzo thought.

Remove ads