• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DC Gameday IV - March 14th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

madwabbit

First Post
What does street parking look like? Any handicap spots? is it toll?

The reason I ask is I am still not to peak health yet and I do not know if I can make the several blocks walk from the metro station. If there is no adequate parking close by I might have to give this gameday a pass...
There is on-street parking, but you might be competing with Georgetown law students for that (their campus and library is right across the street). There are parking garages in the two hotels right near the building (Washington Court and the Hyatt Regency), that will likely charge piratically high daily rates.

I'll see what else is there or nearby. Google says this about parking garages.

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
There is on-street parking, but you might be competing with Georgetown law students for that (their campus and library is right across the street). There are parking garages in the two hotels right near the building (Washington Court and the Hyatt Regency), that will likely charge piratically high daily rates.

I'll see what else is there or nearby. Google says this about parking garages.

So its take my chances with street parking or hike it on foot... Neither of which I might not make it to the venue....

Hate to say it but it looks like I'm out...

I'll talk to Exploder Wizard this evening and let him know as we were going to car pool. He might still come via metro but thats up to him.

Have fun everyone.

madwabbit

First Post
So its take my chances with street parking or hike it on foot... Neither of which I might not make it to the venue....

Hate to say it but it looks like I'm out...

I'll talk to Exploder Wizard this evening and let him know as we were going to car pool. He might still come via metro but thats up to him.

Have fun everyone.
Well, don't throw yourself on the funeral pyre just yet -- I have some ideas that might facilitate your participation -- drop me an email at (tom DOT cadorette AT gmail DOT com).

Cassander

First Post
If you're carpooling with someone, couldn't you just get out at the venue and the other person coming with you could park the car? And then do a similar thing leaving? I'm looking forward to gaming with you and hope ya can make it.

John Crichton

First Post
If you're carpooling with someone, couldn't you just get out at the venue and the other person coming with you could park the car? And then do a similar thing leaving? I'm looking forward to gaming with you and hope ya can make it.
I was thinking exactly this. :)

Dovaj Viajiir

First Post
Doesn't YourSwordIsMine live about 37 seconds away from me?

I have the capacity to transport one body sitting upright in the cab, and any number, depending on whether a wood chiper is used to fill the bed, in the back of the truck.

I can drive down and deliver said person curbside.

Ping me chat me, Madwabbit can call me, whatever.

I know YSiM could use some FUN!

Last edited:

Unfortunately I must cancel for Saturday. I hope to be able to make it to the Fall gameday and I plan on giving a raincheck for the snackage.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads