DCC#8(IC):: Mactire's Misfits

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

Now with some space to operate, Derrenil began a prayer to the forces that direct her -- those which influenced the fates and destinies of her people. In a moment, a rush of energy enveloped all those near her, lifting their spirits, while weakening the enemy.

As the dwarf was driven into the ground, much like a stake, she grimaced slightly.

But it soon passed, as the dwarf obviously was meant not to survive.

"Survival of the fittest..." remarked the drow, her attractive features showing neither sadness nor joy.

[sblock=OOC]
5' step to the NW, Cast Prayer

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Telos spots the elemental approaching, and decides he'd rather not be crushed against the wall like a fly, and moves up a bit further, before turning and sending another blast of energy at the giant mobile rock that pounded his ally into the dirt.

"This simply won't do... oh nonono..." He mutters, sending his blast forth, hoping to stall the creature.

[sblock=Actions]
Move 10' upwards
Standard: Sickening Blast on the Rock.
1d20+9=29, 3d6=13 Critical Threat; Confirmation roll+extra damage if confirmed:1d20+9=11, 3d6=12
If the elemental is within 30', add 1 to each attack and damage roll. Also, DC17 FORTITUDE save to avoid Sickened condition. You rolled a will save last time, so simply repeated in case it would have succeeded had it been a Fort save. As always, these were touch attacks.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End Round 6

On seeing his comrade buried by the elementals assault Gar starts towards the beast cautiously. A small whispered prayer to the dark shadows, and Derrenil unleashes a spell to bolster herself and Telos. With a quick scampering up the side of the wall Telos then blast the approaching elemental. As another chunk falls from it, the group can see that the elemental is losing pieces of itself as it stumbles and shakes it's way to the wall. Derrenil takes a quick swipe as the beast moves by but the blade can really do nothing to the dense rock. Luckly the acid effect of the magic blade hurts the elemental bringing it to one knee. The elemental lashes out at the wall pounding it with both huge hands causing chunks and chips to fall amongst itself and Derrenil. With a quick side step the female drow dodges a rather large pieces of bedrock, but the motion brings her shoulder around into the magically effected area. The sickly green glow touches her for but a moment and the pain is still like being slapped in the bare back by a strong hand.

[sblock=Map]
l l l l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lcl l.l.l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l.l l
lal l l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l.l.l l l l.l l
lvl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l.l.l l l l l.l
lel l l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l.l l l l l l
lrl l.l.l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lnl l l.l.l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l lDl l l.l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lTlElLlEl l l l l l l lGl l l l l l l l l l l l l
lwlMlElNl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lalTlAlLl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lll l l.l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lll l l.l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Height off ground:
ground lvl; 10' - 20' - 30' - 40' - 50' - 60' - 70' - 80' - 90' - 100' [sblock]

[sblock=combat]
Code:
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][U]Character                        HP      AC        IN HAND/CONDITION[/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Derrenil                           [COLOR=orange]60[/COLOR]      [COLOR=royalblue]25[/COLOR]         short sword/Dodge[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]                                                      Bull's STR (ends round 72), Prayer(ends round ?) [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Seilg                              [COLOR=red]-10[/COLOR]      20*       ---/dead[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Telos                              42      18         ---/DR 2/cold iron, Prayer[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Gar                                 [COLOR=yellow]44    [/COLOR][COLOR=white]22          [/COLOR]claws/Tiger Stance [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Earth Elemental-Huge       [COLOR=red]12[/COLOR]     18          ---/[COLOR=yellow]shakened [/COLOR][COLOR=white](ends [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]round 14) [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white][COLOR=purple]sickened[/COLOR] (ends round 15)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]* = 50% Miss chance[/FONT][/SIZE]
[sblock]

[sblock=Rolls]
AoO vs elemental = 23 hit 1 regular dmg, 4 acid [sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Don't think I need a roll the elemental is already sickened and suffering for it. didn't list the Prayer round ends because this should be over before it is.

At s@s sorry for the 1 point with no rolls but I figured an automatic miss by the falling rocks equals a little damage from the magic zone ;) [sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

Seeing the elemental begin to crack, she holds her ground and plunges her small blade once more into its leg.

[sblock=OOC]

Attack Elemental -- +10 to hit, 2d6+4 damage (1d6 of which is acid) -- Prayer bonuses included
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Telos frowns as the giant rock moves closer, not wanting to be smashed into a bloody mess on the wall, he climbs further away, sending another blast of eldritch wrath at the elemental's face.

"Crumble already! You're going to sully my clothing!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: 20' up to attempt to keep the Elemental from being within striking range.
Standard: Eldritch Blast at the golem's face
1d20+9=18, 3d6=15 18 vs touch AC, 15 damage [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over

Gar charges at the elementals back one last time thinking to sneak past it's defenses. As the four armed warrior gets within striking range though he sees the beast start to buckle backwards. Telos's blast rocks the beast as at the same time Derrenil slashes hard through the ankle of the monster, the combined assault send the creature falling like an avalanche to the cold underdark floor.

After the dust settles and the last stone finally stops rolling down the creatures back, the three adventures left gather near the spot Seilg was last seen. Only an imprint into the floor marks were the dwarf stood valiantly toe to toe with the enormous monster.

[sblock=OOC]
Telos 42/42 HP
Derrenil 60/61 HP
Gar 44/128 HP
Seilg -10/63 HP

Up to the group to carry on or head back to the city for a couple days to recoup though only Gar really needs that. Just let me know what yOu wish to do I may need to add an NPC into the group while GB gets his character ready. [/sblock]

[sblock=rolls]
Lucky you hit Theroc (and by one) cuze Derrenil only did 11 pts of damage (and that was max) and would not have killed it.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2385075/ to hit = 28 damage = 5 normal/ 6 acid [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Was waiting for one of the others, lol.[/sblock]

Telos slowly climbed down from his perch on the wall, landing on the giant corpse before coming to normal ground, looking about for his companions.

"Well, that was certainly a harrowing ordeal. Perhaps we should concript more backup? Unfortunately, I do not believe there is anything I can do for Seilg, besides hope that Lolth takes pity on his soul, if she somehow gets her hands upon it..."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

The female eyes the male skeptically.

"Lolth?"

"Really?"

"What use would she have for some blinking dwarf?"

"This was his time and he has obviously been sent to stand before his maker for judgement. It is time for you to move past this and attend to the matters lurking before you."

"One thing that needs to be addressed is this glowing green rock area -- my shoulder was touched by it and it was not pleasant. Unfortunately I am not an expert upon magical effects, else I would study it myself, but you might find it possible to conduct a cursory examination yourself."

"While you do so, I will attempt to determine if our time is being well spent in these dark caverns, or someplace else."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Gar looks at the imprint of Seilg's shape in the ground. The beast-man shakes his head. "Already down one, and the hunt hasn't even begun. Tell me, are there many creatures like that living rock down here? Even if there's not, we need more hunters... Anyways, didn't your boss tell you what's down some of these tunnels, priestess?"

The hulking human looks around, as if apprehensive of the surroundings, not enjoying the thought that another rocky behemoth might appear at any time...

Remove ads