Kickstarter DCM KickStarter Gearing Up

greyhaze

First Post
Hey Folks,

If you're looking for pre-painted plastic minis, keep an eye on our next KickStarter. We've revamped and have been working hard to make this one a success.

http://dungeoncrawler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=975&p=4092#p4092

There's lots of background at the above link, but here is the meat and potatoes.

WHAT WE ARE OFFERING @ LAUNCH
1. One over-sized unpainted mini.
2. Some KS exclusives:

• KS Collector T-shirt.
  • A Signed Collector Card for Labyrinth & Authenticity (individually numbered).
  • Blackbyrne Adventure set in the world of Dungeon Crawler!
3. Add-ons include:

• Our previously released DC Minis.
  • Custom Coins.
  • Our KS Campaign T-shirt.
  • Our ECG Card Game and it's expansions.
4. The secret of our strange bases will be revealed!
5. Shipping will be included in the pledges for USA, +$15 for international.
6. Master Paints by Ben Riegler will be available!
7. A Starting goal of $10,000

greyhaze

First Post
For those that are shy about visiting the other site, here is the image being presented.

01_teaser.png

trancejeremy

Adventurer
As I said in your first two attempts at this, maybe you should try to pick miniatures that have a broader appeal? Your quality seems good enough, but how many people need a giant squid mini?

greyhaze

First Post
Let me expand on that reply, as I don't want to come off dismissive since you took the time to respond to the thread.

I am part of a community of PPM (pre-painted plastic miniatures) buyers, we're pretty excited each time new PPMs hit the market whether it's Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder Battles, HeroScape or even MageKnight. I've been part of that community for a very long time, and several requests keep popping up. The Kraken being one of them (perhaps not in this exact incarnation, but still Kraken hits the wishlists frequently).

I want to provide something that is worth the money being put down. I tried to do this with a large group of smaller figures (which all scored high on polls we ran), but the overall costs ended up very high. With the single big figure, I can manage a much smaller goal.

There is a very competitive market out there for miniatures (although several lines have ended), and we've opted to take the road less traveled - meaning, the broader appeal minis are generally those that are already heavily represented, and we're trying to fill some niches.

Now, the Kraken I'm presenting is not simply just a giant squid, it does have unique details to make this a feature monster rather than just simply a giant squid - but, I wouldn't begrudge anyone that wanted to use it as a giant squid.

Admittedly we are marketing to our loyal crowd, but that is because we can rely on their support. We're hoping that our quality and our selection will extend in to new communities like ENWorld.

We would love to hear more feedback from people on ENWorld and find out what they want as PPMs as well.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I think the larger figure is a good idea. I saw the second kickstarter and found it confusing, with the mix of painted and non-painted.

The kraken looks good.

Moorcrys

Explorer
I'm all for more niche items like the kraken. I have tons of avenues to get prepainted orcs, goblins, heroes, etc. I'm looking for the odd mini that fills an area I haven't found in other collections. I hope it works out for you guys this time. :)

greyhaze

First Post
We're still going to have unpainted options (we kind of have to with the way we're running the campaign), but we're taking steps to keep the confusion limited.

Thanks guys, 3rd times gotta be the charm! :)

Remove ads