• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDI Monster Builder HTML

Uruush

First Post
Sorry for what is probably a totally noob technical question here. Not sure where this belongs. I made a Lesser Battlebriar and a couple other monsters using the Monster Builder. I saved them as html files but when I open them using IE, it opens a blank page - no monster. I don't have any experience with these kinds of files. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Hawke

Explorer
If you open up the html file in notepad is there actually code in there? Is it possible to paste the first several lines? The whole thing might be a bit much... code and spoiler tags might be suggested.

I've never actually used it, so I'm not sure what sort of issues it has.

fissionessence

First Post
I just tried to make a monster for the first time using that program . . . it was a horrible experience. I gave up when I couldn't change the range of the ranged attack.

Anyway, I did export my half-finished monster to an html file and it worked fine. I looked in the source code, and it looks clean and elegant, and I don't know why it wouldn't work for you.

As Hawke said, could you post what you find in the source code, or some piece of the code from the beginning anyway? You can either open the file in notepad, or you can go in Internet Explorer and click 'View' and then 'Source'.

~

Remove ads