• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDI - Printing PDFs

GodPhoenix

First Post
Hey, I'm having trouble printing DDI (subscriber) PDFs...Dungeon adventures in particular. They take a long, long time to spool to the printer and often sit at the printer forever. I often print longer PDFs and PDFs with more images, so I'm guessing that it has something to do with the way the PDF is constructed (frex, I see layers popping in an out sometimes when scrolling through adventures).

I have the full version of Acrobat (v8 at work v9 at home) so I suppose I could try using "save as" to tone down the rez or whatever...or maybe "print to PDF" and do something similar...but I really don't know what settings I should change/reduce.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Thanee

First Post
I only have some of the free PDFs, as I am not a subscriber of the service, but those (the ones I tried, i.e. the Thunderspire Sidetrek) did print just fine.

Bye
Thanee

caudor

Adventurer
That's odd. I've printed several of my DDi PDF files and there wasn't any big delay (just a pause one would expect). I'm using Acrobat Reader though.

I'm using a modest box with Vista and a Kodak 5100 inkjet printer.

HarbingerX

Rob Of The North
See if you get the same problem with a different printer. If not, then see if there are driver updates for your printer.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
A very simple question: Do you scale the output in any way, so the data has to be re-calculated before being sent to the printer as pixel data?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Not to mention:
- What kind of printer are you using (brand & type)?
- Over what kind of connection are you printing (old style printer port, USB, or over a network)?
- Does the printer have memory onboard, if so how much?

If you have problems printing (large) pdf files, try to split up the print jobs (only print 50 pages at a time for example).

Remove ads