DDI Sept - "PH3 Skill Powers", "Fighter: Great Weapon", etc.

Imaro

Legend
Not if the out-of-combat powers were Utility swaps. :)

I've got some ideas for dual-use powers (with different in-combat and out-of-combat uses), but I want to see what WotC puts out.

Cheers, -- N

Hmmm, utility swaps would be different... not sure though how different as alot of utility (not all) powers are applicable in combat. I guess I would have to see how it was implemented first. I honestly think that PC's could do with more utility-ish powers so I still wouldn't mind if it was add on as opposed to swap out... of course that creates power creep, so not sure what their answer will be.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I'm excited for this month's Dragon.

On the Assassin - I'm assuming that the articles will also include tier-appropriate feats, with paragon paths and epic destinies in the respective tiers' articles. I think that's a neat way to do it, especially given how much emphasis is placed on tier already.

What really gets me excited though is the large number of articles that seem to be player-oriented. An article each for Fighter, Cleric, and Warden? Definitely sold.

Nice to see those Primal Power previews too. We just finished our heroic tier campaign, and I want to play a Warden next. The options in PHB2 are sorely lacking, especially after having Arcane Power for more depth.

Dungeon, on the other hand, looks very scarce. That's unfortunate. I know Dungeon articles, and especially adventures, are likely more difficult to write. Still, given how many DM-oriented articles have been in Dragon in the past, I don't really get the dearth of articles this month.

Finally, the dates are wrong. They should be 9/08 and 9/15.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Dungeon, on the other hand, looks very scarce. That's unfortunate. I know Dungeon articles, and especially adventures, are likely more difficult to write. Still, given how many DM-oriented articles have been in Dragon in the past, I don't really get the dearth of articles this month.

I think the relative scarcity of Dungeon articles in comparison to the Dragon articles has more to do with length. Each non-Delve or Side Trek adventure is the equivalent of 2-4 Dragon articles (even more for the longer SoW AP adventures).

Remove ads