• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDI September/October Update info

Ryujin

Legend
I just downloaded the October update for Character Builder and I'm starting to go through it. One word of warning: AVG Free 2011 gave a (presumably) false positive for virus in the Elevator programme.

*EDIT* I see the racial changes from Essentials, in CB, but none of the class information.

Last edited:

Ok, the compendum looks nice, but essential classes are a mess:

- unorganized
- bloated with redundant information
- no implement proficiencies listed for the mage

interwyrm

First Post
Well, the compendium has been updated, and with a new look. I'm not sure if you could find all these in the previous compendium, but now there's a search for Backgrounds, Deities, Glossary and Traps.

Backgrounds are new. Deities were borked earlier this week, but they aren't new.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Also, WotC sent out the update announcement by broadcast, so unless you have broadcasts/emails blocked on your WotC community account, you should see the info in your inbox.

No Name

First Post
Errors in the CB?

I only checked a few, but it looks like superior ki foci can only be equipped in a hand. Regular ki foci still go in the ki focus slot.

interwyrm

First Post
So uh... I hope that the new compendium look wasn't the secret project. I like the new look, but it's really not that impressive.

Also, the way they put the essentials mage into the compendium is simply atrocious. Why the hell does the class page have all of the new and updated powers on it.

They should have
Enchantment mage:
Apprentice Benefit:
Expert Benefit:
Master Benefit:

and then Evocation, and then illusion. As it is, you have to scroll through a tower (not wall) of text to get to the next benefit.

As much as I appreciate wizards providing us with this tools, I really have to question the judgment of whoever is managing these projects. (Yes, I *could* do a better job).

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Having read through this thread - I figured that I should hopefully bring a little ray of sunshine to many who are displaying a fear for their beloved CB.

Make a new human and you will see that there is a change to the creation process. I want others to see it and judge for themselves but I feel that it shows that Wizards is not going to be abandoning the CB for a web-based version.

cheers.

Nichwee

First Post
So uh... I hope that the new compendium look wasn't the secret project. I like the new look, but it's really not that impressive.

Also, the way they put the essentials mage into the compendium is simply atrocious. Why the hell does the class page have all of the new and updated powers on it.

They should have
Enchantment mage:
Apprentice Benefit:
Expert Benefit:
Master Benefit:

and then Evocation, and then illusion. As it is, you have to scroll through a tower (not wall) of text to get to the next benefit.

I found it amusing that this suffered from the "alphabetical numbers" problem - It showed things in alphabetical order not level or topic order. Hence Level 10 facts show up before Level 2 powers, as 1 is alphabetically before 2 and 10 starts with a 1. Guess they need to look at sorting by value not alphabet, or start calling Level 2 Level 02 :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads