• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDI - vMinis are Extra?

Glyfair

Explorer
Nightchilde-2 said:
What I'm still curious about, and what I haven't seen a real definite answer on yet, is how many guest passes does a subscriber get per month? I'd love to see an official answer on this, as it will make a huge difference as to whether I subscribe or not more than likely.
Based on Didier's comments, I assume they have not decided yet. it's hard for them to tell us something they haven't decided yet. Even if they have a likely option, if they tell us and change their mind they will just upset a lot of people.
Asmor said:
I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if it were less than 20. 20 lets a DM run a weekly game for 5 players.
Even though it may not have been specifically stated, I am certain WotC isn't going to operate on the "one DM DDI subscriber, the rest get a free ride" paradigm. If they did, then they might as well just allow anyone to play for free and only require DMs to be subscribers.

I predict an amount that will let 1-2 players play in a weekly game with player passes.

Last edited:

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Asmor said:
I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if it were less than 20. 20 lets a DM run a weekly game for 5 players.

Of course, if we assume that one of those players has a subscription to DDI himself, that halves the burden and also reduces the total number of passes required to 16, meaning 8 per person.

Personally, I'm looking forward to VTT so I can play with new people. My friends are all unreliable dweebs and I've had to cancel 4 of my last 5 games...

20's the number I'd need. I wouldn't mind if I had to buy additional passes for 1-2 of my players per month as well, provided they're inexpensive; I really want to use the VTT.

Glyfair, I know they can't really say yet, but as it stands, I'll have to wait 'til they do say before I plunk down money on it (though I'm almost tempted to go for it anyway, what with the quality of the recent Dragon articles).

Asmor

First Post
Ruin Explorer said:
Also, role-playing, in an MMORPG? Rarely seen. I'm not sure there's much reason to believe an FPS-ish MMORPG would have any more of it.

You just gotta know where to look. I can't vouch for other servers, but Kirin Tor (an RP server for WoW) had a pretty active roleplaying community. Back when I used to play Virtue was the de facto RP server for City of Heroes and also had a decent RP community.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
You'd think Wizards would be trying to give people MORE reason to go with DDI, not LESS.

Honestly, even if DDI was the greatest idea imaginable, it's just been turning people off left and right with the constant issues and problems, and more just seem to be coming up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads