DDM: Player's Handbook Heroes - Dissapointed?

Drkfathr1

First Post
Yeah, I have to say, the preview pics do make some of them look kind of crappy, but I'll admit that some of the minis I've had similar opinions of ended up looking a lot better in person.

WoTC should consider doing multi-angle shots of some of the minis, as sometimes a full on shot doesn't really give you a detailed enough look.

I would also second the notion of finding a cheaper way of packaging them, but I realize part of the packaging scheme may be to help combat shoplifting. Still, these should be sold/marketed as more general toys.

Henrix

Explorer
Wizards should fire their photographer.

The last couple of sets have had horrible pictures, and looked better IRL. I am not a photographer, but I can take a lot better pictures than that, without much work.

It's like they want to dissaude people from buying their minis. :confused:

That said, I'm very disappointed at seeing packages where I already have multiple copies of all but one of the figures.

Nebulous

Legend
Does anyone know if online retailers, like Auggies, will be selling singles of these? I truly hope so as i would only want some of these minis. i've used Auggies for a long time now to buy, for example, 10 troglodyte warriors at once. Not having that option anymore would suck.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Auggie had a thread on Hordelings a few weeks ago. He will be selling singles.

He even speculated on what prices he'll be charging. You'll probably need to back in time to find the thread. The likely prices were lower than I'd expected.

Nebulous

Legend
Actually, i just now got this answer straight from the man himself;

Yes, I'll have them in hand tomorrow and should have them all up then. I am not sure pricing yet but it looks like an average of $3.75 with hotter pieces being higher and cooler ones lower (like any commodity).
.....Andrew

Now, how will this translate to mediocre common monsters in the monster set? Are "cooler ones"....$3 a pop? $2? This will make building large warbands much, much more expensive if so.

chaotix42

First Post
I actually think most of the minis will look a lot better in-hand. I'm especially psyched for that tiefling warlord. He just looks so badass IMO.

I'll probably pick 'em all up.

Nebulous

Legend
Well, Auggie has them all listed with pics/prices. Umm...i think i have a lot of these models already, or some similar. I'll grab a few i'm sure, but definitely not all.

Remove ads