• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDO - MMORGP for Dungeon and Dragons!!

LoPaC

First Post
I've been searching the message boards and community news for a bit, and still have yet to find that anyone has posted this. On fileplanet.com , they have having a free playable demo of D&D Online, the new MMORPG based in Oberrons Stormreach, using the official rules of D&D. Joining and playing is free right now, all you need is to have a fileplanet account (free). I implore all ENWorld users to try this game. The creators are looking to us, its target audience, to critique and stress the game.

I've been playing for about half a week now, and its better than I expected, but still needs some work (as it is only a beta).

Griffonsec

First Post
I've been playing for a couple months now- let me amend that- I've had the game for a couple months now. I don't enjoy it at all, so I haven't even started it up in a couple weeks. Even free it's not really worth my time.

Note that this is not really DnD. It's a semi-twitch based MMO. Sure, it has a few DnD elements: The same ability scores, feats, skills; but the is nothing remotely DnD in how they work. Weapon speeds hinder people using heavy weapons, all new players start with a bonus 20 hit points, the faster you click the faster you hit, ect.

Basically it's an action RPG with a DnD theme. I guess that's not too bad so long as you're not actually looking for a DnD MMO. Also, there is a level 10 limit, no druids or monks, and you never leave town. So that might turn people off as well.

Here is a thread with a bit more info: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=154593

LoPaC

First Post
Well, it is only in its beta, from what I understand. And I believe the stress test is over now, so, I'm not playing anymore.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads