• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDXP Liveblogging

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Is there any liveblogging or coverage of the second Product Spotlight seminar that was supposed to happen today? I assume the presentation will be the same, but I was hoping for some clarification on the Hero Builder handbook (that's now supposed to have Themes - except it was also cancelled?) and maybe some interesting stuff in the QA part of the presentation.
I'm wondering this as well.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
On Tuesday there's a free "In the Works" article. Maybe they'll give more details then? Or a podcast of the seminars would be even better.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
On Tuesday there's a free "In the Works" article. Maybe they'll give more details then? Or a podcast of the seminars would be even better.
It strikes me as really odd that in this modern age there wasn't a live podcast of the event(s). I thought they were supposed to be trying to reach a younger, tech-savvy audience. And isn't this whole event supposed to be for marketing?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Wizards' coverage of this event is awful. Try going to their page and learning anything about DDXP, once it has started, any details at all....just awful at PR.

caudor

Adventurer
It strikes me as really odd that in this modern age there wasn't a live podcast of the event(s). I thought they were supposed to be trying to reach a younger, tech-savvy audience. And isn't this whole event supposed to be for marketing?

The only news I've been able to find about this DDXP event is some liveblogging links from here on ENWorld. No screenshots, no big news, no videos??

Other than some clarification on product cancellations, I don't feel like I know anymore now then I did before the event.

This is just too weird. :confused:

Korgoth

First Post
The only news I've been able to find about this DDXP event is some liveblogging links from here on ENWorld. No screenshots, no big news, no videos??

Other than some clarification on product cancellations, I don't feel like I know anymore now then I did before the event.

This is just too weird. :confused:

The first rule of D&DXP is: you do not talk about D&DXP.

the Jester

Legend
I see this as something like what was done in MM2 and MM3, where you have, say, Demogorgon, Imix or Ogremoch, and then you had their lower-level cultists. But instead of focusing on a single epic entity, the "cultists" would be built around the organization's creed.

Yeah, I think this is cool. I have two "Cult of..." entries in my homebrewed monsters binder, and I think organization entries are a good way to go.

the Jester

Legend
If you liked Castle Ravenloft or are slightly interested in Wrath of Ashardalon, and the Legend of Drizzt is compatable with (and I assume similar to) Wrath of Ashardalon, why not as much interest in Legend of Drizzt?

Drizzt hate, I imagine.

I can understand not liking Drizzt, I can't stand some popular characters. But I really enjoy Castle Ravenloft, expect to enjoy Wrath of Ashardalon, and if they come out with a compatible Adventures of Wolverine and Jack Bauer game, I'd certainly be interested in it.

(And hopefully I'm not coming off as patronizing. It's fine not to like it but it seems like you could be missing a game that you might enjoy.)

Yeah, but Drizzt didn't kill YOUR dog.

samursus

Explorer
I find the lack of news kind of sad. "New products" announced, of which there are few. And a demo of the VTT, which we already knew about (and still no timeframes).

DDXP was (is) supposed to be THE show for D&D, and there is just so little to be a fan about right now.

Don't quote me or get your hopes up, but I heard a rumour from a fellow beta-tester Open Beta might be coming this week or next.

Remove ads