• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deadlands d20 In-Character (Turn 1)

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
The Sheriff looks with mild disgust at the thing on the ground and nods to the man with a shotgun who is glancing back at him. He raises the shotgun and fires both barrels into the creature on the grounds body. The is a terrible explosion and smoke from the blast and the body jerks and is reduced a pulpy mass of blood and flesh.

The Sheriff looks back at you all, noting that you have mostly raised your weapons, and says OK what is the heck is going on? Who are you all, and what on God's green earth is that? A demon? Like one of them bible creatures you tellin' me?" he asks pointing at what is left of the creature...

He also seems to be looking around at the ground and you hear him say somewhat quickly to the other Deputy "Damned if it doesn't look like the ground is a moving... do ya see it?"

The Deputy just shakes his head and spits...

(OCC sorry every time I try and log out I get a Server busy so posting as fast as I can :))

perivas

First Post
Thomas Smith

[color=sky blue]"Now may I?"[/color] Thomas points towards his rifle with his eyes and head. If there is no ostensible objection, he stoops down, picks up his rifle and proceeds to brush it off gently. [color=sky blue]"Your keen observations have remarkably noted the nature of that foul demon. Though the Bible does not describe the particulars of this exact demon, I suspect its origin is as you have surmised. My name is Thomas Smith. I apologize for the hasty use of arms in your civilized town; but such evils cannot be allowed to wander about executing its diabolical plans. Now, sir, if you do not object to my inquiry, please tell us whether or not occurrences of this nature have often manifested themselves in Billings. If so, when was the last outbreak?"[/color]

Thomas keeps his cool demeanor through all this, spending an inordinate amount of attention in cleaning his rifle of any dirt from the ground.

Doppleganger

First Post
Scarlet lowers her derringer and shrugs her shoulders, "Surely I don't know what's going on mister Sheriff!!"

She keeps eyeing the strangely wavering weeds in the street. Is that my imagination??.

Listening to the scrawny boy with the rifle talk about demons and diabolical plans, Scarlet shivers at the though of an outbreak of such things.

"Thomas are you saying that you think there's more of these horrible things here in Billings?"

Hmmm. Maybe this is why Pastor O'Donnell sent me that letter. If demons can be dropped with bullets, then I might be able to help.

Karl Green

First Post
in front of the Sheriff's office...

[OCC really sorry for the SUPER long delay... I am one of the few hundred who has had little log logging on. It seems to be working today... sort of. I have to re-log-on each time I post but it is better then nothing I guess :) anyway...]

The Sheriff looks over at Thomas and Scarlet, eyeing both of you carefully before answering "Well now, I an't seen nothing like this before and that be the God's honest truth. What the heck was it doing in the middle of town and how did it get here without anyone a noticing it? And who are you people? Where you from and what business ya all got in Billings? I an't normally so nosy but this here an't no normal day"

About then the weeds and such stop moving and Dusty is able to move again...

perivas

First Post
Thomas Smith

Addressing the sheriff, Thomas speaks, "[color=sky blue]I myself do not know all of the minute details. By happenstance, I cross the path of these individuals.[/color]" He gestures towards Dustin, Running Wolf and Felix. "[color=sky blue]At the beginning, that gentleman struggled against a human form. Spontaneously, the human form discarded its disguise and appeared as you see it now. We attempted to arraign its progress. However, as it struggled, I concluded that its demise was a necessity. Such diabolic creatures deserve little more, sheriff. Its apparent ability to mimic the human form is a cause for great concern and for great caution. Now, if you do not have any more questions directly for me, I must proceed to my own business. Might any be able to direct me to the house of your local pastor, Pastor Duncan O'Donnell?[/color]" He looks at each individual.

Mayhaps, this is the reason for the good Pastor's summons.

Last edited:

Remove ads