Dean Stockwell 1936-2021

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Just read Dean Stockwell passed yesterday at 85. I didnt know much about his early background. Sounds like he did some acting as a child and teen. Took a break to be a hippie, and then real-estate agent for a bit (I can totally see that). Got back into things in the 80s doing character work for Lynch in Dune and Blue Velvet. Of course, his most notable role was that of Admiral Al on Quantum Leap. He also had a stint on the Battlestar Galactica reboot. A great character actor who I always enjoyed in any scene he showed up in. Lots of folks love the leading actors, but I have grown to really appreciate the supporting character actors that really set the stage for them.

Cheers to you Dean!

Sacrosanct

Legend
You know you're getting old when you see someone iconic from your childhood pass and you think they are way too young, then realize they were in the 80s when they passed.

Sacrosanct... welcome to aging. Most of my childhood icons are currently permanent residents of the Earth. :( This is just one more. Travel well Al. You'll be missed Dean.

Remove ads