• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dear DDi subscribers...

MrGrenadine

Explorer
...I'm considering getting a 12 month subscription to DDi, and I was wondering if I could hear from folks who have subscriptions.

Are you happy with it? Is it worth the price? And why or why not?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

davethegame

Explorer
Quite happy with Dragon and Dungeon, which have already proved invaluable to the games I'm in.

Compendium has come in handy, but I've tried to use it during the game and found the WotC site down, which is very irritating.

$5 a month for Dragon and Dungeon is certainly worth it for me, I just wish they'd iron everything out.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
For $5 per month, here's what I've already used:

2 feats from the gladiator articles
4-6 encounters I plucked from Dungeon articles
Fluff from the gladiator articles
The encounter builder to estimate how many monsters of what type to use when building encounters
The monster builder to stat out (approx) new monsters in my campaign
The compendium, to cut and paste monsters, powers, etc in putting together all encounter info on 1-2 pages.

Here is what I'll use for sure from teh first paid month, but haven't:
more stuff from teh gladiator articles
the domain of dread article - great stuff
1 adventure as written (pretty much) for a different campaign

that's what I got for my $5 in the first month. It must have saved me 10-20 hours of prep time, maybe more.

That doesn't count the barbarian and bard previews - both of which will be used by my kids extensively, nor does it count the character builder beta....coming next week.

Caliber

Explorer
$5 bucks a month is a hard price to beat ... hell I got quite a hot lunch at my work's cafeteria for just $5, and I can definitely skip lunch once a month for two magazines worth of DnD goodies, plus access to essentially every 4E book published (and errata'd) in a searchable engine.

One guy in my group just subscribes, and hasn't bought any books yet. He figures its cheaper to just skip all the extraneous stuff and go straight to the crunch.

Last edited:

Shroomy

Adventurer
$5 a month for both magazines, the Compendium, and the bonus tools is simply a steal, and I'm very happy with my purchase. I look forward to Beta Testing the Character Generator starting next week (I believe).

crash_beedo

First Post
The magazine quality has been very good so far... but keep in mind, it's only two months in. Still, the combination of the Editorial Calendar, high quality articles, and hitting the commitments has really instilled confidence I made a good choice subscribing.

I haven't used the compendium much, but it's very convenient for looking up alternate monsters (for instance, many typical monsters have already been printed in LFR adventures with the levels tweaked, and its really easy to yoink them...)

Dalamar

Adventurer
I noticed a couple of days back that the compendium also has monsters that haven't actually been statted fully, such as the kir-lanan voice (its abilities and level are mentioned in the kir-lanan entry in the FR campaign book, but there isn't a full statblock). That's another bonus.

RefinedBean

First Post
Count me in as another fan, definitely been worth my money so far.

Plus, we get to see the Bard wicked early! :D

(before someone throws it up on the Internet and ruins the ride)

Remove ads