• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death Dealer Adventure?

Harley Stroh

First Post
I'm curious about the critical hit rules - gotta have quick, brutal deaths in anything with "Death Dealer" trappings!

Fair enough. My image-fu isn't strong enough to do it justice, so a quick copy/paste from my PDF proof:

Your blade pierces your foe’s temple, reducing his frontal lobe to a bloody mass. He stumbles around blindly for 4 rounds, making a basic attack each round against the nearest creature — be it friend or foe — before collapsing, dead.

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
Beautiful!

I'm working on a sword/sorcery/planet home campaign setting now.. this sounds like it may have some good material. Thanks!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Ah but not on Amazon ( my local gaming store moved and I haven't yet tracked it down and all my 4e purchases - which have been a lot - have been online anyway.)

Bought it and the Book of Rituals....

Last edited:

Pour

First Post
Sold! Picked this up and the Dungeon Alphabet. Can't wait to read them both.

Iparsia is going right into my Shadowfell.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
Death Dealer & BECMI

Hey Harley,
BECMI might not be possible, but I guess the folks from Goblinoid Games would be willing to let you use their Labyrinth Lord, which is basically a D&D Basic Clone.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
hopefull mine will arrive soon so I can gush appropriately ;-)
(its a delaid Xmas present the original present was a broken fantasy Batman styled sword. )

Harley Stroh

First Post
@Garth: Here's hoping we don't disappoint.

@Tharen: True. Though I confess I don't follow LL as much as I should. My BECMI loves pretty much live and die with Red Box Mentzer. I'm running some OSR games at Genghis Con this weekend, so maybe I can peak in on some LL games.

//H

Holy Bovine

First Post
Korgoth,

Totally understood. I respect their reasons for not picking it up. And it is a shame because the folks that still know Frazetta are perhaps the least likely to be playing 4E. (Take this as the gross characterization it is. Hundreds, if not thousands, of exceptions exist, many on ENworld.)

But if I had my choice of systems for the Death Dealer series, it would have to be either BECMI or 4E.

BECMI isn't legal. So 4E it is.

Make it to Gen Con, and I'll run a BECMI conversion for you. :)

//H

This could be made with freaking FATAL and I would convert it. The story, plot & NPCs are what make adventures great not what edition it was made for. It looks awesome and I'll be picking it up this weekend.

/still uses 1E modules in his 4E game Bovine.

Remove ads