Dragonlance Death Dragons and how to run them, from Aabria lyengar, including stat details

Vaalingrade

Legend
See, a breath weapon that raises the dead feels like a thing dracoliches should have been doing this whole time.

I'd rather they be flaming skeletons, but close enough.

With an adventure that's supposed to be about a war, where the PCs could find themselves surrounded by hundreds of lower-level allies, this could be a very nasty surprise. The PCs could find themselves fighting a dragon and hundreds of zombies within a few short rounds.

It is similar to a lich in that it is not a mindless undead? It doesn't really seem like a lich to me much at all, lore wise at least.

The stat block information is limited. There is this:

View attachment 265602
View attachment 265603

With an adventure that's supposed to be about a war, where the PCs could find themselves surrounded by hundreds of lower-level allies, this could be a very nasty surprise. The PCs could find themselves fighting a dragon and hundreds of zombies within a few short rounds.
This immediately makes me think of Crawford saying the encounters in this adventure are harder than we've previously seen, so that justifies the bonus feats being given to players. A dragon capable of turning the dozen low level NPCs nearby into a dozen zombies that act on its turn? That's certainly one way to make an encounter harder.

darjr

I crit!
This immediately makes me think of Crawford saying the encounters in this adventure are harder than we've previously seen, so that justifies the bonus feats being given to players. A dragon capable of turning the dozen low level NPCs nearby into a dozen zombies that act on its turn? That's certainly one way to make an encounter harder.
Still, something held back maybe.

What if Lord Soth is there too? Suddenly the stakes are much higher.

Remove ads