Death in Freeport Info Thread

Voadam

Legend
Pubs of Freeport

In the Docks:

Bilge Rat - atmosphere to match name but surprisingly good ale

Drowned Mermaid - Quiet tavern, watery ale, good fish, fairly morose crowd

Filthy Boot - quiet pub where people can go to drink in peace.

Fried Pufferfish - Cosmopolitan tavern near the merchant quarter, deals with more middle class sailing types

Leaky Scow - Bar catering to orcish longshoremen and sailors

Rusty Tankard - nondescript, smoke-filled hole in the wall tavern on Eel street, open all night

Salty Hammock - Inn near Scurvytown, cheap stay for down and out sailors

In the Temple District:

Scholar's Quill - Inn near Drac's End, frequently hosts Athenaeum visitors

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Magical Organizations of Freeport

Most magical practitioners in Freeport come spontaneously to their mystic powers or learn their skills through apprenticeship to a single master. Rumors abound about secret cults and mystical organizations but very few organizations operate in the public eye and most practitioners are independent operators.

1 Cerulean Circle

Persecuted by the witch hunt's of the continent the Circle has long provided the ships of Freeport with a magical edge, whether it has been in piracy, war, or trade. Said to be the strongest magical organization in Freeport they have held a seat on the Captain's Council by tradition for the last 150 years. Their inner workings are a mystery with some claiming they are actually a cult to the power of the sea itself, others saying they are a nautical druid order, and a few whispering that they secretly make pacts with dark powers of the sea whose formal worship is banned in Freeport. Members are often hired to serve aboard ships providing sea magic.

2 Wizard's Guild

A recently formed small cabal of wizards trying to organize the traditionally individualistic wizards who typically only held regular fellowship between master and apprentices. The Guild seeks to become an openly influential force in the politics of Freeport and its leader sits as an advisor to the Captain's Council offering magical aid and support to the city and individual Council members.

3 Athenaeum

A storehouse of learning and knowledge the Athenaeum is said to be a great repository of mystic lore. A number of shrines to various gods of knowledge exist in the Chapterhouse and a number of clerics are among the scholarly order dedicated to the preservation of knowledge.

Voadam

Legend
Lucius Investigation Info

Brother Egil asked the party to find Lucius, an Athenaeum librarian who is missing

Lucius is a short, slim, dark haired young man.

He dresses in librarian's/scholar's garb. Bears an Uraqi dagger.

He grew up in the Athenaeum and became a librarian,

He knows orcish and draconic

He had an episode six years ago where he started acting wierd and eventually was caught breaking into the Athenaeum sanctum and was expelled. He left the city to travel for years.

When he returned he had no memories of his travels or the time he was acting wierd.

Somehow he convinced Loremaster Thuron to let him back into the Athenaeum.

A few months ago he started having disturbing alien dreams, talked to Thuron about them once. The dreams started to get worse and he became haggard and increasingly on edge.

He dissappeared, and when Egil got concerned, asked about him, and asked to go find him the Loremaster's secretary Milos ordered him not to talk to other Athenaeum members about it, not to go looking for Lucius himself, and to take over Lucius' duties in his absence.

Lucius' house was dissheveled on the ground floor with books and travel logs and maps. A to do list included talking to captain scarbelly
Things to do:

Get some sleep!

Talk to Cpt. Scarbelly

Turnips

Update diary

Examine travel logs

Get more sleep!
A hidden journal in a secret drawer mentioned being watched and taking "the Uraqi dagger"
dated a week ago "I have begun to feel like I'm being watched. I pray this is not a further milestone on the road to madness. I think I'll take the Uraqi dagger with me in the morning. In a city like Freeport I can't be too careful. Especially with open pirates who are known killers in port."

Lucius' basement had work tables and desks and empty book shelves.

Scarbelly is a notorious orc pirate and known killer who commands pull at the docks, currently his ship and crew are holed up and wound tight at the docks.

Lucius went to Fried Pufferfish asking about Scarbelly and then the Rusty Tankard.

At the Rusty Tankard the barman Ken said he'd never seen anyone like Lucius but Jinny the barmaid said Ken lied, he'd been in and talked to an orc who's a regular.

Last edited:

Remove ads