Death in Freeport

Voadam

Legend
Erekose13 said:
My suggestions would be:
reduce HD to 1d10 (vs. 4+1d6)
saves: Fort good, refl/will bad
Bab: switch Bab bonus at every four levels to a + to hit (Bab=more attacks per round sooner)
Weapon Styles/Expertise/Mastery: cost 2* weapon pool points per use.
Class defense bonus: drop it.

Those look good to me. What weapon are you thinking of specializing in?

Voadam

Legend
Dire Lemming said:
Wow, this sounds really interesting. I don't own most of those books though, just the 3.5 SRD, Forgotten Realms, and I've seen the planescape stuff. I'd be interested in playing a vigilante flashy finesse fighter with a bit of magic and social skills. Is there any class you can suggest for that besides bard?

No skills are cross class so a fighter can max out bluff and diplomacy.

For a bit of magic you have a bunch of options with just those choices:
* Psychic warrior class
* You could gestalt with a caster class.
* I think spellfire or whatever it is called is available as a feat in the FRCS.
* Play a race with spell-like abilities (gnomes, tiefling, aasimar)
* I think there is a feat in FRCS that gives you minor spell-like abilities
* Cleric class would give d8 HD, some magic, medium BAB, and simple weapons; could be tailored to a finesse style fighter.

If you are using the www.d20srd.org online srd there are variant rules options from Unearthed Arcana in the variant rules section that add other options: battle sorcerer variant, bard variants, etc.

Almost every core class except the dedicated caster ones could be a finesse style warrior, even paladin and clerics could do it moderately well.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, now that I think about it, not having magic might actualy fit my character a bit better... So maybe I'll be a fighter... the only problem is... making the character sheet... erg... I hate that part. :heh:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, now that I think about it some more, fighters get way to few skill points...

Erg... Is there a class with a reasonable number of skill points and a reasonable ability to fight but without magic? I'd go for a rogue but I don't need any of that stealth stuff, and I need more weapon skills. :\

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Arcana Unearthed's Unfettered might be what you're looking for; it gets only 4+Int skills, but it's a well-built, lightly-armored duelist sort of warrior, with bonus feats, sneak attack, a nifty parry ability, full BAB, and d8 hit dice.

...the gestalt Expert/Fighter isn't a bad idea, though. Everybody should gestalt Expert! :D

Erekose13

Explorer
Gestalt is a rule in Unearthed Arcana where you get to combine the best of 2 classes. so in the case of Expert/Fighter you get the Bab, HD, and Fort of the Fighter and the Will save + skills of the Expert. Then you get all the abilities of both classes at each level. Of course this is a more powerful character, thus the penalty in point buy that Voadam has put up.

Remove ads