Death Knight, 17th level, need advice...

Kilroy

First Post
iksander said:
Hnnn...If your DM oks the belt of magnificence +6, try going samurai 7/iaijutsu master 10 (from the oriental handbook). The Iaijutsu master is a sweet class, but ya get the crazy benefits if you have wall to wall good scores, which the Belt of Magnificence would provide.

Also, with that much starting cash, make sure to pick up and use at least a couple stat boost tomes.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
smetzger said:
Nightfall - What book is Knight of the Lily in?

Same book as 3.5 Death Knight, DLCS.

I don't know about any other DL pr-class but I figured Knight of the Lilly is decent way to go since people are down on 3.5 blackguard.

strongbow

First Post
One of the PCs in my last campaign went with Death Knight and realized the +5 LA just isn't worth it. (The PCs turned evil and got turned into a kind of undead of their own choice).

There are some +1 or +2 LA templates out there, and of course the good old JuJu Zombie still rocks the best.

JuJu Zombie LA +1 I'll cut out the fluff here, don't have time to type it right now. Your type changes to undead. You retain all your abilities, although some of them may not function due to your new type and alignment. Your alignment changes to evil, which may cause problems with certain classes. There you go, short, simple, and sweet.

If you are determined to go with Death Knight, ask your DM is you can "buy off" your LA per the Unearthed Arcana variant. My 2 coppers.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Nightfall said:
(And good for you using DLCS Deathknights. They are better. :) )

I agree, DLCS deathknights are more powerful. When I designed the one that appeared in MMII, I made it light on powers because, I reasoned, its race and class abilities would carry over, which would make it pretty tough. In retrospect, I think it may have been better to keep all of the supernatural abilities that appeared in the classic version of it. Dragonlance begins with the version I designed, but then adds those abilitied back in, so all is well. :)

smetzger

Explorer
Ok, so I decided to go with Ranger 1/Fighter 6/Blackguard 10.

Interesting Magic Items I have:
+3 Mithral Breatplate of Negating: Immediately after the wearer of this armor is hit with a magic weapon, the armor casts greater dispel magic on the weapon. (In the case of projectile weapons, the armor casts greater dispel magic on the weapon that fired the projectile if it is in range. If it is out of range, the armor does nothing.) No weapon can be affected by the armor more than once per day (regardless of the success of the dispel check). 644kgp

I am hoping it works occasionally since I have DR10/Magic.

I also got as a special item not counting toward my gold...
+6 Adamantine Greatsword(Bane:Humans, Unholy, Keen, Corrosive)

Belt of Maginficense +6 version
Mantle of Faith (gives me DR5/evil)
Boots of Swiftness
Mask of the Skull
Darkskull

The only interesting feat I took was Divine Might.

I am still looking for an item that I can give the Cleric that will allow him to automatically bypass my SR, so he can cast Inflict on me w/o me having to lower my SR.

I'll post my full character after I get it type up.

Remove ads