• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

deathless frenzy

shadowcaster007

First Post
I am playing a Frenzied berserker from the maters of the wild, it's alot of fun, but I want to clarify the deathless frenzy ability.

Does that allow you to take any amount of hitpoints and still function or are limited to -10 and then your dead.

In the description there is no mention of a limit. I understand it to be unlimited.

daTim

First Post
You are correct, there is no limit. It may seem great, but in my experience it is meerly a death sentence. A normal person, who is not frenzying has enough sense to disengage and get healed, while a Frenzied Bezerker would never do such a thing, and would fight to the death. Unless there is a cleric right next to you constantly healing, then I would try to avoid it. Even then it is dangerous for the Cleric, because once you kill the thing you are fighting, you may just turn on him! Sometimes falling unconcious is good because it takes you out of the fight.

Last edited:

hammymchamham

First Post
Its great for an NPC for a party to fight. Of course I was on the recieving end of that one. Thankfully, my psion (who died shortly later) had disintegrate.

shadowcaster007

First Post
So far I've been lucky that most have the fighting has been a few rounds longer than my frenzy's.
I buffed up my will save so I have a little better than 50% of coming out of it when I want just in case.
For pure muscle the class is great.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads