• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

December in the Works: Heroes of the Elemental Chaos

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Yet another wizard sub-class that would have worked better as a warlock.

Oh, yes, I get "spells" from "entities" who "share" their power with me.

But it's totally genies and supernatural ferrets, so that's why I am a wizard, and you are a Warlock.

Still, elementalist sorcerer and elemental monk (?!) might be pretty interesting. I'm normally not one to gripe about yet-another wizard subclass, and perhaps the mechanics will be interesting, but FRIG, man, what does it take to become a frickin' WARLOCK 'round these parts?

Maybe if my supernatural ferret is eeeeeeeevil....

drothgery

First Post
Yet another wizard sub-class that would have worked better as a warlock.

Oh, yes, I get "spells" from "entities" who "share" their power with me.

But it's totally genies and supernatural ferrets, so that's why I am a wizard, and you are a Warlock.

Still, elementalist sorcerer and elemental monk (?!) might be pretty interesting. I'm normally not one to gripe about yet-another wizard subclass, and perhaps the mechanics will be interesting, but FRIG, man, what does it take to become a frickin' WARLOCK 'round these parts?

Maybe if my supernatural ferret is eeeeeeeevil....
Still, I'd think an elemental artificer would have been in the book, given that Eberron exists.

This appears to be the first book where they say, "Primordials aren't that bad". It seems to me that in all the other 4e story background, they're always saying that Primordials were the worst thing ever, that they're worse than Devils and so on.

It's good that they simply point out that all of that is simply propaganda from the Gods.

As for the sub-classes we have no idea which classes the Elementalist and Shugenja match up to yet, they're just guesses.

I hate to see another sub-class be a sub-class of the Wizard, but they better do something to make the Sha'ir feel different from the 3 out of 4 of the other versions of that class. I'm thinking they should be making the Genie be more of an active combatant/feature.

Incenjucar

Legend
Non-evil primordials have been mentioned in previous materials, actually, but like creatures in the Monster books, only the evil ones really matter.

Zaran

Adventurer
I don't like the idea of an Elemental Power Source. They already have Primal and Arcane and between those two, Elemental Magic can be made.

Remove ads