• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

December Rules Update Available

arcane riposte is still useless because it lacks an implement property as well as a proficient bonus...

to make it even worthwhile to use it has to be int +4 or even int +6 vs AC and increase by +2 at epic...

and the targeted assault is no fix as it reads in the update document... (marking you was replayed by that has you marked... the problem was that it read marked by you in the primal power handbook)

Infiniti2000

First Post
Update said:
The purpose of careful attack is to increase a character’s chance to hit. However, twin strike was always a better choice because it representeed equivalent damage and better accuracy. This change makes careful attack a viable choice.
No, not vs. twin strike it doesn't. Careful Attack only barely edges out twin strike in a very small percentage of the attacks (at needing an 18-20 to hit). Otherwise, twin strike is always better. Only now, careful attack is always better than a basic attack, except that you can get basic-only improvements.

keterys

First Post
For very low damage bonus values, Careful Attack is actually looking an awful lot better than it was. Wonder if I still have that spreadsheet for comparing the two hanging around, hmm.

keterys

First Post
Yep, found it. At static bonus 0, it gives the nod to Careful for when you need a 16-21 with Twin Strike. At static bonus 2, it's 17-21. At 6, it's 18-21. If I bump things up to 12 static, d12 base damage die, 2d8 quarry, +7 Dex, I still end up with 18-21.

So that's a _much_ better situation than it used to be, even if I still wouldn't bother :)

keterys

First Post
I think the Healer Sash got overdone... it went from a device for between-turn healing or allowing a leaderless group to adapt to something I wouldn't expect people to actually wear. Better safe than sorry, though, I guess.

sfedi

First Post
I'm very happy with these updates.

I had a houserule exactly as the Careful Attack fix.
But also applied to Sure Strike. Oh well.

Remove ads