• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

December Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesnomu

First Post
I just bought a Healer's Sash last week! Dammit.

Oh Careful Attack, even with this, nobody's ever going to use you as their primary at-will. Poor thing.

And Grasp of the Grave, after the first turn, is just an immobile, party-friendly, weaker Stinking Cloud now. Shame, I liked that one.

Glad to see Arcane Implement Proficiency make a lick of damn sense now. Thanks, Wizards.

Um... Grasp of the grave needed nerfing, in a way that nothing else in the game did. It was absolutely overpowered, a complete game-changer. More than once, I watched it turn what should have been challenging fights into cake walks. It was bad enough that the players suggested house rules to nerf it.

Appleseeth

First Post
I am both happy and sad to see grasp doing proper things for its level finally. I'm happy because I have a level 21 Wizard who has kept that power over level 9 ones and memorizes it every day, then enlarges it. Now he'll need to spend his precious retraining on it. I'm sad because in 5 days the campaign is coming to an end. Why Wizards! Why did it take you so freaking long to fix it?

Ktulu

First Post
Agreed 100% Mousey.

One of my big combats was completly shut-down with the use of that spell. I even prepared for it and it still dazed most everything and stopped my big bad from doing anything other than single strikes. I'm glad to see it nerf'd

yesnomu

First Post
@Appleseeth: What, is your other spellbook option worthless?

Regardless, I suppose Grasp might have been broken, but our group had used in non-broken ways, so the nerf makes me sad. Ditto for Bloodclaw back in November (though arguably I exploited that a bit too much).

Appleseeth

First Post
Sorry, should have been more clear. I'm DMing and I have someone playing a Wizard in the campaign. He absolutely hates his other spellbook option (I think it's Bigby's Icy Grasp).

But yesnomu, just because you used it in "non-broken ways" doesn't mean there aren't many, many DMs out there that have been heartbroken seeing their awesome encounter turn into nothing with the use of one power. A daily power, but one power nonetheless.

In my opinion, as a DM, this change is probably the most effective in reducing its power. The other ways I could have seen them going would be to affect aliies as well or make it a sustain. Sustain Minor probably wouldn't have done much to the power overall though.

I find it interesting that they changed Careful Attack but not Sure Strike. I guess the accuracy fit the striker role better.
I could see a dwarf ranger taking Careful Attack for use with axes. It's still not an equal choice to Twin Strike, but then again what is?

I find it interesting that they changed Careful Attack but not Sure Strike. I guess the accuracy fit the striker role better.
I could see a dwarf ranger taking Careful Attack for use with axes. It's still not an equal choice to Twin Strike, but then again what is?
Maybe they haven't figured out how to best fix it yet? I would think that adding damage is not necessary for a Defender power.

Drakhar

First Post
Ok Footwork Lure has now become a badly written power in regards to reach weapon. They either need to change the shift to just 1 square or remove the into the space you left at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads