• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(December) What are you reading?

CarlZog

Explorer
The Nautical Chart by Arturo Perez-Reverte.

A gift from a friend who was wowed by it. So far, I am too, but I just started it. Really well written. Here's the amazon summary:

A treasure hunt for a Jesuit ship sunk by pirates off the coast of Spain is the plot on which Perez-Reverte's new novel turns, but a love story is the real heart of this nicely crafted, carefully told adventure. A suspended sailor happens on a maritime auction in Barcelona, where he meets the beautiful Tanger Soto, a museum curator whose winning bid buys her a 17th-century atlas that may reveal the final resting place of the Dei Gloria. Coy, the sailor, is totally smitten, so it's no surprise that he signs on to help Tanger track the sunken ship to its grave in waters he's sailed since childhood. Enlisting the aid of a diver friend, Coy and Tanger stay a few steps ahead of the crooked salvagers who've been trying to get the atlas, outmaneuvering the attempts on their lives and the efforts to keep them from the treasure.

Carl

A lot of books, actually, although I've read most of them before at some point.

The Dinosaur Heresies by Robert Bakker
The Complete T. rex by James Horner and Don Lessem
Master Mind of Mars (why isn't Mastermind one word?) by Edgar Rice Burroughs
A Warrior of Two Worlds by Tim ...uh... whatsisname.
Transit to Scorpio by Alan Burt Akers
The Tar Aym Krang (sic?) by Alan Dean Foster
The Book of Skaith by Leigh Brackett
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling

I'm also selectively reading parts of Dinosaurus by Steve Parker and Dinosaurs: A Global View by Sylvia and Stephen Czerkas. The latter's text is absolute rubbish, but it has incredible illustrations by Doug Henderson, Mark Hallett and John Sibbick, which is the real reason I bought it.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Iron Kingdoms Character Guide - second time, just finished the IKWG (second time) recently. Gearing up for my IK campaign next year...

The First World War - John Keegan's classic, second time.

How The Universe Got Its Spots - science/autobiography from a physicist.

Chimera

First Post
Stephen R. Donaldson's The Runes of the Earth. "The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant"

When that's done, I have Flint's 1632 waiting on the shelf, then I need to go out and get Terry Brook's Tanequil.

Remove ads