• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

December: What are you reading?

Wombat

First Post
Recently re-read Cecelia and the Magic Chocolate Pot and Crocodile on the Sandbanks; now I am reading The Historian -- only about 75 pages in, but I am loving it!

Darkwolf71

First Post
I'm finally around to reading World War Z. I've been putting it off because I was incredibly disappointed with The Zombie Survival Guide, and have had a very critical opinion of Max Brooks since. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. I am enjoying WWZ quite a lot.

Still reading House of Leaves. It's an amazing book, but it's very unorthodox style makes it a complicated read and I don't have the time to focus on it as much as it deserves.

I picked up a new copy of Starship Troopers, and will likely read that after I finish WWZ.

And as always I am reading several REH and HPL stories at any given time.

Graybeard

Explorer
Currently reading Bill Bryson, The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid. It is a memoir. Pretty funny so far since it is told from the viewpoint of a kid (at least so far).

Also reading Investing for Dummies along with the latest issue of Golf magazine.

The_Warlock

Explorer
The Reality Dysfunction, by Peter F. Hamilton. Only getting time to read it in short bursts, so I'm still in the chapters that are identifying and fleshing out the characters and the way the intergalactic society works.

Really enjoying it.

Mallus

Legend
I just finished Karl Shroeder's swashbuckling, post-Singularity, Master and (Space) Commander-ish Sun of Suns. I really loved it. It reminded me of reading Larry Niven when I was a kid, except with better characterization, prose quality and plotting. Next up is the sequel, Queen of Candesce, as soon as it arrives from Amazon.

Tolen Mar

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
I picked up a new copy of Starship Troopers, and will likely read that after I finish WWZ.

Man, I love that book. I've read and re-read it many times. It makes a great fill-in for when I'm waiting for the library to get my next book to me.

Krug

Newshound
The Waste lands, Book 3 of the Dark Tower series. I didn't really like Book 2, but I have some time until the end of the year to finish the series.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Krug said:
The Waste lands, Book 3 of the Dark Tower series. I didn't really like Book 2, but I have some time until the end of the year to finish the series.
You want to finish the series by the end of the year?!?

Didn't it run, like 7 or 8 books? Man, I miss being able to read that much. :(

Pinotage

Explorer
Catching up on my New Scientist that I've fallen behind on. Other than that, I'm hoping to read The Long Way Down by Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman.

Pinotage

Remove ads