• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Decisions, decisions...

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
I've been tossing around an idea of a Kobold Dracolexi(RoTD). I like it, it's pretty standard for the book, but I feel like there's so much I can do with it. Because, as far as I'm concerned...

I can make him a bard and then have him become a seeker of the song or a sublime chord or a dragonsong lyrist or really any other bardic prestige classes that kick ass(hint: I think that's all of them), but then it would take too long for it to get good and I'd be jumping everywhere in terms of levels. And if I get really insane, then I can also give him Words of Creation for super-powered songs(also good aligned kobold would be hilarious).

Or I could make him a sorcerer and also throw in the draconic heritage feats which would eventually override his dragonblood subtype, but give him a host of interesting benefits. But then it's not that interesting, assuming that I get access to all the spells that are presented to me as options, and it would still be a little dry.

I am not really keen on using, well, ANY of the other spontaneous classes, maybe warmage, but that's really it. All the other ones either don't have don't have enough exciting gimmicks(Beguiler), or don't get enough spells in the first place(Duskblade, Hexblade). But I will if I can find the usefulness.

What do you guys think I should do?

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
Take levels in Virtuoso and/or Sublime Chord.

I see.

Dragonwrought would work for the bard, and then I can qualify for all of those lovely dragon feats in Draconomicon. Virtuoso is amazing, Sublime chord is even more so...

This, my good friend, is a great day to be alive.

Remove ads